Thread: Joomla vs Wordpress for business website

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Joomla vs Wordpress for business website

Our journey started with the need for a company website, something we all have to embark on at some stage, if you haven’t already.

Our investigation started with meeting with web developers and personally, I was overcome by the information required from us, i.e. layout, pictures, button layout and so it went (even with having a specification). At the end so much time was being wasted and I couldn’t quantify, nor justify the quotations received.

Surely in the world that we live in, there had to be something available for me to use ourselves, considering I had limited CSS, PHP and HTML skills. Having explored many options, I found Joomla!

Joomla! started as a fork from Mambo in 2005, when many of the original developers of the Mambo CMS moved to working on Joomla! It has rapidly grown in popularity and, according to its own description, is a "Cutting Edge Content Management System and one of the most powerful Open Source Content Management systems in the world. It is used world-wide for anything from simple homepages to complicated corporate websites. It is easy to install, easy to manage and very reliable."

With Joomla I could develop and maintain my own website from anywhere. I have the ability to add extensions, which means you can scale your website up as your business grows without having to redevelop your entire site. This feature alone means you can save a lot of time and money over the life span of your website.

After announcing the website, we had received many complements about our new website from our clients; some of those messages were:
    “This is what I call professional”
    “Absolutely stunning”
    “You can be proud of this website”
    “Your website is looking amazing”
    “Without a doubt, you have given it all your best”
    “I would want to work with VDC due the professionalism shown”
    And so much more!

While the Joomla! CMS has the flexibility and power needed for complex, full-featured web applications; it is also simple to use to create basic websites.
    Last edited by Dave A; 29-Mar-11 at 08:15 PM. Reason: modified as thread starter for split thread