Over the past year or two, I have been making a concerted effort to move my Pastel consultancy away from being geographically-bound, with the aim of being able to generate income wherever I may be situated in the country (or abroad).

I really love what I do (I don't regard it as a job) and my dream is to one day cruise aimlessly around the country in a mobile home, whilst still being able to offer my services online.

To this end I have made my website Google-friendly (thanks to Peter Carruthers' and Pete Bowen's MarketingMotor tools), and I have been receiving quality leads from all over the country, which I have been servicing with a combination of TeamViewer (remote desktop support) and Skype.

This past week has been the first week in which I have not had to wear long trousers and shoes, and spent my time at home consulting with clients all over SA, most of whom I had never met in person!

It is a truly liberating feeling to know that soon I can move around (or relocate elsewhere) without the fear of having to re-establish a client base all over again.

What a privilege to live in this age of mobile technology!