Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would any sane person vote for the ANC

Thanks
    You can ANC all of the people some of the time.
    You can ANC some of the people all of the time.
    But you can't ANC all of the people all of the time!!!
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Hi - yup it is my duty (as a voter) to ensure that there is a STRONG opposition at all times. Today that opposition is the DA. Move on 15 years and who knows? The DA may be in power and the ANC the opposition..at that stage I would change my vote. History has taught me that no matter who comes into power, at some stage when that power becomes absolute - the powerful become corrupted.

I am ever hopeful that our youth, as they become more integrated and educated will move away from racial politics and vote more strategically.
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    Here is a very eloquent column Prof Jansen and why he will vote DA.
    You are asking me to wipe out memory and to buy into this reconciliation nonsense when I still see that the majority of the poor are black, that whites have given up very little since 1994."

Sipho: "True, but whose fault is that? It is your party that dominates the government, and that did little to change the situation for the poor. You have not convinced me. I am off to vote for the DA. But first I need to find Shilowa and Lekota to give them a hard kick up their bloody backsides." whole article worth a slow read
    This perception that not much has changed for the poor blacks is out there, and the thinking as I see it is all they see is the DA deriding BEE and AA and all the other acronyms. They want to see an alternative which will benefit them, and not the deriding of the policies which are being abused. What that is I don't know!
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Would any sane person vote for the ANC
    Most voters are sane, though it helps to be a bit off your rocker most of the time.
    Truth is the uneducated/ uninformed masses have the vote power.

Yes we are still very much in the process of a revolution.
    The revolution has to be kept alive or the ANC will be voted out of power.
    Easy to do in SA - you get a very well paid government idiot for the job like Julios Delema to stir B/W by singing radical songs - and you get a racist like Debora Patties of third degree to interview Steve Hoffmeyer making him out as an idiot and a far righter.

And the whites are in one camp and the blacks are in another camp !
    It's so easy in SA, how can the ANC NOT be voted into power.
    Actually I'm surprised 'De La Rey De La Rey' wasn't brought under fire again.

What would the long term gaol then be for the ANC?
    To stay in power any which way they can and at any cost ! They already proved it worked in ZIM when they sent Mugabe's brother in law MBeki there to make sure things will stay as they are. When or IF another party comes into power the ANC will do same here. That or they will maintain position with force, same as in Zim and what will you do about it !

You have to realise the whole of Africa is dictatorship ruled (Not talking about Egypt etc) The governments have everything while the people have NOTHING, are dirt poor and hence cannot be a threat to government. It is the only way these black governments know to stay in power.

You may think it's different in SA, but it's not. Everything the government does is only in it's own favour - nothing goes to the people. The poor gets poorer and the rich gets richer, the middle class is disappearing. The 4 million whites vs 45 million blacks can be considered a minority group already.

To explain - All mines are already in government individual's posession (same as everywhere in Africa)
    The recent trillions given for new power stations in SA was taken by the gov, announcing they are now going into mining for themselves ! What a joke. And at the expense of the whole country, uses 'our' money to further enrich themselves and have more control over our resources.

What should have happened to that money it should have been given to the private sector that does power plants and are experts in power generation - and gov should not even be involved in any way ! Most countries use neuclear for power generation because it is productive and economical vs our poor coal quality they are batteling to keep alight.

Explain this to the general philamon on the street and you could just as well have been telling him in Greek. They don't know what is going on - and it suits the ANC. Same reason the educational system in SA is such a joke, the gov doesn't want educated people who could be realising what they are up to and informed educated people won't vote for them ! unless they're on the gravy train of course.
    Regards
    Fanie

Thanks
    The DA makes a big mistake if they think they will come to power. We're not thinking ok !

I agree Aunty Zille does one hell of a job down there in Slaapstad, but black people in general does not recognise female leadership. That's why they got laughed at on tv recently, a male person had to come on stage to maintain order.

What the DA should be doing is get a male who is a good and strong speaker to appear on TV and in public and do the talking on her behalf. It is different up here than down there, if you want to win an election you have to take the right measures. The DA isn't doing that. Aunty Zille can still be in charge but a male leader figure should be seen and heard.

The only reason the DA is getting the vote count it does is there is no one else to vote for !
    Oh well, I won't exactly call the DA very dynamic. Much too liberal.

There is no leader in South Africa on the moment.

I remember as a kid when dr Verwoerd made a speech on the radio the cars would pull off the road to listen to him.
    If the current so called 'leaders' come on tv or radio you change the channel and prey the economy doesn't go for another loop because of the crap they excrete in public.
    Regards
    Fanie

Thanks
    It is worth remembering that in those days that we had very few alternatives to listen to that were not controlled by the government of the day. At least today we can listen to a whole lot of sh....t right across the spectrum. It is difficult to find anything decent to listen to in our daily lives.

Thanks
    Hi Butch,

Any government want some control over what is fed to it's public over national media.

The ANC doesn't want an informed public, that is why there was the recent controversy over freedom of speech and what newspapers can publish or not. We do not in any case hear about a fraction of the things really going on.

With one of the highest crime rates in the world we can have a 24/7 TV news channel on crime alone, around 50 to 75 murders per day in SA, and we have a quick 30 mins 'news' once or twice a day. Our area statistics shows 50% of the residents here are involved in crimes ranging from burglaries to armed robbery to car jacking etc etc per year - and there are more than 32 000 residential dwellings here - and we don't see any incedents in the news.

No crime reported means it is going very well in SA from a foreign point of view, and the people here are put at ease because they don't see the bad, and if something does make national headlines the anc just claims it is an isolated incedent ! (It also means nothing gets done to improve or prevent the things going on since there isn't any !)

This also doesn't cover the rediculous things the government achives through corruption, severe mismanagement, you name them - which is costing the SA mind boggeling amounts of money - and it's making us poor.

The main problem is that the illiterate and uninformed masses are duly unaware, hence they vote anc because they are black, same a many whites vote DA because they are white.

The DA may win ground against the ANC, but at this rate we are going to be 400+ years old before they get to govern the country. I don't know if we (you and I) have that much time left and I suspect we have only one life here. I'm also not sure what will be left standing by then. If you sit in a desert there is not much to do, unless you can figure out what to do with the sand.

Maybe we should ALL vote ANC, expedite the ruin of everything to the point of no return and then those who can can start building from the ashes again. Vote Julius Delema president then we can have a war and get it over and done with. It hurts more to live the decay, why prolong the suffering.
    Regards
    Fanie

Thanks

Angry

Hi Fanie,
    Believe it or not I am on your side. Any person who believes the stats issued by the government on crime is insane. I have an immediate family of twelve made up of 3 children, 5 grand kids and two great grand kids. Each member of my family or unit have been the victims of house burglaries with thousands of rands of goods being stolen. Three motor cars have been stolen. Two family units were the subject of an armed hold up while on holiday on the south coast which lasted for three hours while they ransacked the house.
    Strangely enough as the head honcho of this unit I give thanks that no member of my family has been killed, tortured, raped or suffered any physical harm. This is of course is actually "sick" The mental harm and trauma that has been inflicted on my family is difficult to measure.

9. Thanks given for this post:

Fanie (09-Apr-11)

Thanks
    Butch, it's crimes against humanity, and the anc allows these things to happen because they have control over the police and other services. If they do not have that contol (which imo they don't) they should not govern the country in the first place.

A government's first prioriy should be to look after the welfare of it's people and that of the country, and not their own fat pockets. Crime is big business in SA, and the more it pays the more people doesn't want it to go away. And if you think it's only whites that fall victim to this, you should see how bad it is for the blacks in the squatter camps. For all I care the anc can be charged with the same charges the Nazi's were charged with - they created and allowed this so they are responsible for it.

This government has achieved nothing over the last 17 years, and they will not achieve anything over the next 17 years or the 17 years after that. They have been riding on the typical Africa immage 'poor us' and has been hiding behind the 'apartheid' and 'struggle' and and and. I listen to Radio 702 in the car, I was actually surprised to hear they are still 'struggelling' here just like they were before. Souf Efrica is the place where the blacks struggle.

Has any one sat down and listed what this government achieved since they came to power excapt chased 8 million whites away, allowed crime to saur, severely mismanage any and all facets in the country and forcing whites to become slaves by giving their businesses away under so called BEE, screw the educational service up, we have power issues, we have food issues and we have SERIOUS water issues, and on and on and on.

For those with the short memories - if you see the current 'activities' as 'improvement', think again. It will last only till after the election, and if the ANC remain in 'charge' again everything will slump back as they were and continue on the down slide. I bet you they will bring the fuel price down again before the elections. All is BS and they get away with it because people see only their small little situation but don't see the bigger picture.

Any country needs three basic things to exist not even survive, just to exist ! Those three are WATER, FOOD and POWER. If you take any one of them away then the people in that country cannot stay alive, or work. We have all three those problems. Most people do not realise just how serious but it's not going to be long. It's a time bomb waiting for the worst moment before it will go.

Enjoy lala land while it's here.
    Regards
    Fanie

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Fanie >

I find "people" spread a lot of controversy, it is this pure lack of self control that leads to horrible murders, and all the other horrible things mentioned. I also find that these "people" cannot for some reason use the right systems available to the public.

The UN is a powerful TOOL, why not appeal to the UN for formal help ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanie View Post
    Maybe we should ALL vote ANC, expedite the ruin of everything to the point of no return and then those who can can start building from the ashes again. Vote Julius Delema president then we can have a war and get it over and done with. It hurts more to live the decay, why prolong the suffering.
    Be very careful here, Fanie... I honestly don’t think you understand the consequences of these words. Some of us have lost more then what can possibly be counted and you use these words so easily and eagerly.

Here is something to keep in mind Fanie, as I think you will benefit from this information;

Also note: Chapter 2 - Bill of Rights

16. Freedom of expression

1). Everyone has the right to freedom of expression,

which includes-

1. freedom of the press and other media;
    2. freedom to receive or impart information or ideas;
    3. freedom of artistic creativity; and
    4. academic freedom and freedom of scientific research.

2). The right in subsection (1) does not extend to-

1. propaganda for war;
    2. incitement of imminent violence; or
    3. advocacy of hatred that is based on race, ethnicity,
    gender or religion, and that constitutes incitement to cause harm.

Like I said before and I will say it over and over again; get educated use the systems available and be formal and legal about it. There is nothing wrong with razing your concerns and fears but also keep in mind that that being reckless about it, doesn’t help anyone.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast