Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SARS announces 2011 Employer Filing Season

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Oh FFS! Now the latest version is 4.3.3.

Apparently there was a problem with the synchronisation script in 4.3.2 - which is why the income tax numbers weren't being updated

This time it better work!

Thanks
    Does this mean I must now download and install again ?
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yes - and to help improve your humour, so far it hasn't worked out very well.

On my first install attempt it crashed my laptop. I had to revert to a restore point, uninstall 4.3.2 again and install 4.3.3 again.

After that Synchronise just hung the first time I tried it - I gave it half an hour then logged out.
    Second time Synchronise only had one error - unable to update income tax reference numbers
    Third time (and this happened while I'm online reading and typing this content now) it tells me I'm working in an offline state and I should try again when I'm online.

I'm taking the rest of the day off - from SARS e@syfiling anyway

Thanks
    I am supposed to do mine on Monday but reading this I think I am postponing this exercise.
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I just had another shot just on the off-chance.

Synchronisation did not return the two missing income tax numbers and when I do the IT reg it returns *Taxpayer not verified*

Enough is enough. I'm sending the two of them into SARS on Monday with strict instructions that they are not to return without their income tax numbers. I've had enough of working for SARS...

Thanks
    Dave,

Have you managed to get your Efiling done with 4.3.3 ?
    I am attempting tomorrow !
    Martin Coetzee
    www.straptite.com

Thanks
    Yes also FFS ! I have now downloaded twice and both times when unpacking " the file is corrupt ! " These guys are p*ss*ng me off now !
    Martin Coetzee
    www.straptite.com

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I got there in the end (I think).

• EMP501's for 2011 period 2 are now submitted.
    • I have an income tax reference number for every employee, although I did have to send a couple of them into SARS and get them to register the old fashioned face-to-face way - so about an 80% success rate for registration of employees for income tax via the e@syfile program.
    • The synchronisation button did produce an income tax number for all but one employee who was already registered for income tax in the end. I solved that by insisting the staff member provide me his income tax number.
    • IRP5's and IT3a's all seemed to generate fine.
    • My EMP501 returns balance within a few cents.

However, my PAYE dashboard seems to indicate problems (minor - under R10.00 nett discrepancy somewhere) and the recon assistant doesn't seem to be working at this stage.
    I think there might be a historical reconciliation problem from a prior period

So in summary, not exactly what I'd call e@sy

I think I'm going to wander past a SARS office sometime in the next few days with my laptop, check everything is as it should be and iron out any wrinkles, current or historical.

9. Thanks given for this post:

Martinco (24-May-11)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12