Thread: Lawyer wanted - contracts, NDA's and restraint of trade

Thanks

Lawyer wanted - contracts, NDA's and restraint of trade

I would like to find an excellent lawyer who can help me to set up some contracts to use with the independent contractors I will be working with. The contract would need to define ownership of the work done, non-disclosure of project documentation and confidential client information, and restraint of trade.

I am in the business of creating new electronic products (typically for other people) and it has grown to the point where I need to use other people to help me deliver a better and faster service and I need agreements in place which can protect my clients intellectual property.

I am preferably looking for a lawyer who is in a similar stage of their business as me - i.e. an individual who is growing.

I am based in Cape Town. It might be nice to have someone in the same city, but it is not a requirement. If you are (or know of) someone who is happy to work online/telephonically I am quite comfortable with that.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    Hi there,

I don't know if it will be of any use to you, but you can take a look at www.freelegaldocs.co.za, as well as www.attorneys.co.za. The former has some nifty generic docs that you can alter, and the latter lists attorneys by area and specialty.

If that doesn't help, try oDesk.com or Elance.com - they're both international outsourcing platforms, and they allow you to post jobs related to law.
    Last edited by duncan drennan; 17-Mar-11 at 11:01 PM.

Thanks

Post Hey Duncan...

This is an rss thread on the group The South African Business Network on the Linkedin site http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=...=%2Egmp_108475
    please visit...you have someone that has replied to your request!
    regards
    Candy Bouwer
    "Networking" is my "CONTACT" Sport!"
    Alcocks Electrical Entomological Hygiene

4. Thanks given for this post:

duncan drennan (17-Mar-11)

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Hi Duncan

One of the best and most highly respected Cape Town lawyers is a guy by the name of Louis Kessler. He is at 021 948 4004. Around the corner from you. He is meticulous in his work, dead downright honest but unfortunately not your age. He is from a small practice, so knows about small business. What he won't do is rip you off in any way whatsoever. If he cannot help he will tell you who can.
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

6. Thanks given for this post:

duncan drennan (17-Mar-11)

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.