Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What A Nightmare

Thanks

What A Nightmare

After waiting for 30 working days spending R478 i get my stuff back from SAQA,only to find that they give you the information that i had already gave them ,then in small print it says next to comments-The candidate did not submit documents to SAQA to the effect that he/she had passed a statutory trade test in the country of origin.He/she is therefore not considered to be a qualified artisan .
    I phoned my boss back in scotland to get anymore paper work which he sends me,i phone SAQA back tell them the story i get told i have to do it all again,so i pay R840 to get the stuff back in 10 working days,go up to SAQA and hand over the extra paper work i got from my boss.Then the person helping me goes away for 10mins and comes back saying i need to get a certificate to say i passed i was raging i handed that all in the first time.Im appealling now which is R414 and will take more then 10 working days.
    Fingers crossed i get everything sorted this time,just thought i would share this with everyone.

Scott

Thanks
    The sad part is that you cannot commit murder although one is sorely tempted

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mikilianis View Post
    The sad part is that you cannot commit murder although one is sorely tempted

That depends what side of the rainbow you are.

Suspended
    Thanks
    i know how you feel...i applied for my skippers license 3 years ago...after literally 100s of emails i finally get a response 3 years later...sorry we have misplaced your application please re apply...

now heres the scary part is all my personal details...a certified copy of my ID...photos you name it...all sent in...oops we lost the lot please reapply...and i have no leg to stand on...cant take legal action against them or anything.

then by mistake they send me an email which has the one person commenting about me having a royal fit over it...wouldnt you be a little peed off if they lost all these documents...and there was nothing you could do about it...except get all the document together again and reapply...you gota love the incompetancy of people in this country.

Thanks
    Nope, I would be one hell of a lot "peed off".

Silver Member
    Thanks
    United Kingdom:

Hey there
    Feeling your pain. They lost my papers 3 times. If you have your NVQ 3 in electrical from the UK then your all good, check out the link below from SAQA's web site.

http://qspe.saqa.org.za/showQualification.php?id=72051

To qualify as an electrician in the U.K. the learner must have the Electrotechnical Services NVQ at Level 3, which is awarded by City & Guilds (2356) and EMTA Awards Limited. As another option in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, an apprentice between the ages of 16-19 may sign up with an electrical contractor or building company. An alternative for those not eligible for apprenticeship or direct access into the NVQ is the City & Guilds (2330) Technical Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology Levels 2 and 3 at a college. Graduates would then need to gain employment in the industry to complete the NVQ. These technical certificates would compare with the SA National certificates: Electrical Engineering Levels 2 & 3. The NVQ (Level 3) compares with the SA Level 4 qualification.

If you have the equivalent of an NQF 4 you don't need to do your trade test to when applying for your wiremans. Thats how i got mine. I didn't have my NVyou still have to do the sans 0142 exam and the unit standards for testing.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Hey there
    Feeling your pain. SAQA lost my papers 3 times. If you have your NVQ 3 in electrical from the UK then your all good, check out the link below from SAQA's web site.

http://qspe.saqa.org.za/showQualification.php?id=72051

To qualify as an electrician in the U.K. the learner must have the Electrotechnical Services NVQ at Level 3, which is awarded by City & Guilds (2356) and EMTA Awards Limited. As another option in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, an apprentice between the ages of 16-19 may sign up with an electrical contractor or building company. An alternative for those not eligible for apprenticeship or direct access into the NVQ is the City & Guilds (2330) Technical Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology Levels 2 and 3 at a college. Graduates would then need to gain employment in the industry to complete the NVQ. These technical certificates would compare with the SA National certificates: Electrical Engineering Levels 2 & 3. The NVQ (Level 3) compares with the SA Level 4 qualification.

If you have the equivalent of an NQF 4, which you will do if you have NVQ 3, you don't need to do a trade test when applying for your wiremans. Thats how i got mine. I didn't have my NVQ 3 and found it quicker to go back to the UK, crash out the NVQ in 4 months and come back than it was to wait for a place to do my trade test. Working for 15 years in the industry counts for nothing apparently. You still have to do the sans 0142 exam and the unit standards for testing.

If you just want to do the unity standards for testing just pay the money and fly to cape town and do it with these people. http://www.wcaeia.co.za/
    I was messed around by the ECA for ages reguarding the testing unit standards. I have the City and guild testing and inspecting which more than covers what is in the unit standards here but its all about the bit of paper and if you want to save your self a head ache just goto the wcaeia. Its probably cheaper and less stressful in the long run.

Thanks
    Finally got my qualifications from SAQA today,i am a NQF 4 its been a long 4 months.I went to the ECA in Edenvale on the way home and got told i have to do,1 Installation Exam and 2 Unit Standards and once ive done that i have to do a practical in a booth?Does this sound right to everyone?

Thanks
    Hi

Does anyone know if the AM2 equates to the NQF 4?

Cheers
    Mark

Thanks
    Writing my paper 1 on wednesday so I've been studying hard,fingers crossed all goes well.
    Paper 2 I'm doing in august on the 2nd that's going to be a tough one.

Wish me luck guys!

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.