Thread: Manyi, Manuel, Ngobeni ... racists and gangsters?

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Manyi, Manuel, Ngobeni ... racists and gangsters?

On 2nd January I sent a submission to "all opinion makers in SA", including John Robbie, Redi Thlabe, Jenny Chryss Williams of Radio 702, the major newspapers et al.
    My respectful stance was that urgent attention was needed as regards the cancer of racism that is eating the social fabric of our country, and that if it was not addressed we are doomed as a nation.
    Needless to say the thing was disdainfully ignored, let alone even acknowledged.
    Now, just two (2) months later, the cancer has burst through the skin and showed itself in all its ulcerous glory.
    So we have a truly obscene saga being played out in which those who are controlling our destiny exchange missiles of hate, labeling each other as racists and gangsters.
    All of this is guaranteed. A disunited nation, obsessed and preoccupied with race, ethnicity and skin colour is guaranteed.
    The reason is quite simple. We embedded the cancer when we set "Black" as the criteria in our National transformational model.
    See -http://coginito.blogspot.com/2011/03/james-manyi-trevor-manuel-and-lady.html
    You see, Lady Justice is blindfolded, for the very good reason that justice must be blind to racial, social and other differences amongst humans. What we did was to take the blindfold off, so as to make racial/ethnic/colour differences relevant to social justice. Injustice is now guaranteed as sure as night follows day ... just as it was under apartheid!
    Let us have the conversation!
    Blog: http://coginito.blogspot.com Cognito ergo sum

Thanks
    Welcome to the new South Africa where even being 'Black African' is not going to be enough.
    You need to be a crony or related to progress.
    Whitey has felt the crush for the last 15 years.
    As the gravy trough diminishes, some snouts have to make way to allow the big boys to snuffle comfortably.

Sorry but the balance of 'People of Colour' are also a minority (called a 'Tat') so there is no 'Tit' for 'Tat'

Eventually the previously disadvantaged will realise that their advantage is being squandered by a minority and the wheel will turn (or should that be the screw will be screwed)
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Red face Manyi, Manuel, Ngobeni ... racists and gangsters?

Go to - http://www.businessday.co.za/article...aspx?id=136434 and read my article that Business Day thankfully published. I just love what then appears as a comment.

By: Emm Jee On: Mar 8 2011 2:28PM
    I had to stop being black when I left South Africa, and I survived it. In retrospect the inevitable BEE avenue through which I had to pass in corporate South Africa in fact hindered my growth, recognition and reward. Coloured and free from the vexing deal between the white owners of financial capital and the black owners of political capital, the deal that presumed I was deficient and needed affirming because of the colour of my skin, for the first time outside South Africa, I was being measured, recognised and rewarded according to my merits. And in this my contributions became vastly more relevant than the colour of my skin, which has not been referenced in my proffesional life in 3 years since I left South Africa. When people ask me about my race, I say I am Coloured. When they ask, "What is Coloured?" I tell them that it is a community born of a mixing of races. I tell them we have our own way of speaking, our own way of greeting each others' mothers, of asking girls out to a movie, of getting together on Sunday, of establishing priorities, of worshiping in our faiths, of telling jokes, of playing sports, of living, loving and dying. We don't believe in ancenstors nor have totems or tribes. We don't speak black African languages in our homes, nor have chiefs, nor ascend mountains for mass ritualistic circumcisions. We are not black, although we have adopted many of the best features of our black ancestry. We are not white, although we have adopted many of the best features of our white ancestry. We are Coloured, and in the end, we are going to take over the World and re-write history for the last time. How will you be remembered? Thanks Trevor for doing what you think is right for me, which is trying to ensure that on the basis of the colour of my skin I enjoy a privileged position relative to other South African citizens. However I don't need this kind of help. I am looking for a world where everyone is measured by what they contribute, not by their racial classification.
    Let us have the conversation!
    Blog: http://coginito.blogspot.com Cognito ergo sum

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's all very well Trevor Manuel coming out to bat when the coloured community comes under fire, but I quietly wonder if he sees the wider fundamental flaws within the EE and BEE approach.

Look, Trevor's dead right on the issue. Manyi is being a racist. What is more, it is quite plain he is an unrepentant racist. His little session on Good Morning South Africa on Monday morning was a clear demonstration that his personal opinion on the matter has not changed one little bit. His description of relations between Trevor Manuel and himself as "cordial" and then "professional" was a very clear signal.

As for Ngobeni's weigh-in - it's got to be a swine of a job to muster a real argument when you want to back the folly of your buddy but can't play the race card