Thread: Just Wondering -->> Do you use a GRAVATAR?

Thanks

Just Wondering -->> Do you use a GRAVATAR?

I am just wondering how many people on TFSA knows what a Gravatar is and how many people on TFSA have actually setup their Gravatar?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm aware of it, but never got around to setting one up. It seems to be more for the blogging crowd and although I do comment on interesting blog entries at times, it's not often or consistent enough to warrant trying to establish a cross-site persona.

Thanks
    I believe setting up a Gravatar if you are doing blog commenting can only give you more credibality and if you don't do it often like you said Dave their probably no use for it. Mainly if you are doing it as SEO strategy or if you are a regular blog commentator on your favorite blogs then it whould be usefull.

Do people like having their picture all over the web? Well, most people loves themselves. So that is probably the wrong question.

What other uses are their for having a Gravatar? As far as I knew this was just for use in blog commenting, but just visited their website and saw they support multiple web programming languages and CMS systems.

On Gravatar's main page they also talk about using it on forums. I presume this is mainly for when you alow guests to post, which probably doesn't happen on alot of forums.

I have integrated into my forum before i read that anyways and found it easy to use my Gravatar as my profile picture.

For people who are online alot and have setup their Gravatar, it might have an increase on how many people actually add their forum profile picture.

I don't normally upload my profile pic to forums etc. , but if it had Gravatar integration i might just do so.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.