Thread: Knowledge about NCA

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Knowledge about NCA

Virgin Money is sponsoring Vincent Maher to blog about money matters in SA, and one of the things he referred to yesterday was the NCA.

must confess I don’t really follow banking news but I have been hearing about the National Credit Act, which is supposed to protect consumers against over-zealous pawnbrokers and the like. Well, I can’t say I disagree with a law like this, because I know absolutely nothing about it at all except the brief snippets I heard on the news.

What might just start to irritate me though, is if the Act starts to become a hindrance. As far as I can tell furniture retailers are the worst at trapping people in long-term, high-interest loans and I found this article on IOL that describes the impact of the NC Act.

Read the full blog post
    I would guess that this is common not just to the average "man on the street," but also for most business owners. I want to spend time on this, but it just doesn't get priority on my current list of things to get through.

Anyone have the will to put some effort into this? It just needs one person to start and get some momentum — after that I think other people will get involved.

Anyone willing to put their hand up?
    Last edited by duncan drennan; 04-Apr-07 at 08:57 AM.
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog