Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: disconnecting and reconnecting electricty

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Suspended
    Thanks

disconnecting and reconnecting electricty

you have to love the way the electricty department works...my electricity has been disconnected for around 2 months...i have rigged myself up with solar...gas etc so i now dont need their power.

i get a disconnection notice for an outstanding balance of over R2000 estimated cost plus a reconection fee of R325 because it is alleged that i reconnected myself...last month and now again this month a balance of over R1000...yet i have contacted the metering department to advise them of my reading for the month as i did last month so that they dont charge me an estimate...my kwh reading for last 2 months has been zero...yet i still get billed an estimate...and nailed a self reconnect fee of R325...but heres the joke i dont even have a fuse on the pole as i instructed the person who disconnected to remove the fuse and take it with them and my cables from the meter have been rerouted directly from the generator to the main db...so that i dont have the problem i am experiencing...now they tell me it is impossible to run my house without electricity...and i am under investigation...well why dont they come have a look see...yet they still bill me every month...gee let me stand up my back is getting sore from holding my anckles...

the next thing is waste...i will be charged for waste water yet it will all be redirected in the garden etc...so how do they propose metering it or will i just get sc*wed a percentage as i am now....

then onto the rubbish removal...i have invested in 3 big wheelie bins which i use for all my rubbish and garden refuse which i will be dunmping once a week...yet i must still pay R91 per month for them to collect my rubbish.

the only 2 things i need now is a flying car so i dont have to use their roads and a borehole or relocate to a house with a river close by.
    Last edited by murdock; 28-Feb-11 at 03:20 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's going to be real interesting as to how this one works out.

Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    the only 2 things i need now is a flying car ...
    They would probably charge you a landing tax just like they do for planes that land at Virginia airport.

Thanks
    That Gorilla pic isn't the only one with his hand on his chin thinking whats the next move. Your on to something... Anyone for a game of chess with the government?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NTLTL View Post
    Anyone for a game of chess with the government?
    Can't work

Chess is logical, predictable, with a set known number of variables, can't be bribed or cheated, and a set rule-book written in plain English and understandable.
    Watching the ships passing by.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    It's going to be real interesting as to how this one works out.

They would probably charge you a landing tax just like they do for planes that land at Virginia airport.
    and the same if you use the dams...if you could land on the water at the dam it would be free to fish or water ski...but the fact that you have to launch the boat...you pay a launch fee...fishing license...etc....we went thru this a couple of years ago...if you have a little money you have to share it with all the greedy people who want a piece of it.

Suspended
    Thanks
    andy...as i have always done in the past paid my bills...registered with all relevant bodies or associations and what ever else was required...

i have been a home owner twice...the first time round i paid my rates etc without a complaint...the second property i purchased...had no problem paying my rates...until one month it went from R300 to over R900...and nobody can can give me a valid answer other than it was a reassessment...

250 amps for an engineering company or plastic injection moulding would not be regarded as large...but i am not here to nit pick...if you were starting a sign washing company you wouldnt need 250 amps....i can give you an example of 3 companies which have halted expansion due to the extremely high cost to upgrade their power...resulting in not requiring additional staff...increasing the supply would create employment if you look at the bigger picture...someone has to do upgrade the power...creating imployment...someone would have to supply the cable and transfomer etc creating employment...someone would have to install the cabling and transfomer...you get the picture.

something off the topic...i noted that the spoornet has only 250 appies counry wide and yet when i was an appy they had more than that in one training centre at any given time,,,why are they not training people...they have these well equipped training centres which look like ghost towns with maybe 1 or 2 people walking around and al the equipment sitting idle.

look at the cost to generate the power...show me the comparison in cost to generate.

how to prevent theft...create employment...disipline the youth...when we were kids if we got out of hand we were taken to the police station and sjamboked...i dont know that that would be the utimate solution but what i do know is there needs to be some control.

cigarettes are treated like a bad thing in society...maybe people need to open their eyes and see what drink and drugs are doing to our society especially the youth.

and just something i noted this morning on morning live...the military need special hospitals because of the type of injuries...do they get blown up...shot at...beaten up ...can someone give me stats on injures from gun shot wouunds...rape...in the military compared to civilians...if anything they should be building special hospitals to handle trauma...accidents...gun shots...etc etc...i remeber when i the military...our biggest cause of injuries...were accidents due to negligance...it came out on the morning live that these hospitals will be for goverment officials...mmm there is alway a plot.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    it came out on the morning live that these hospitals will be for goverment officials...mmm there is alway a plot.
    So that they do not have to use public hospitals?

Suspended
    Thanks
    at least in chess you dont have to be as patient as dealing with goverment services...at that saying something

Suspended
    Thanks
    another catch to having an issue with payments...you cannot transfer your account to a prepaid until you pay it up in full...and...once changed over to pre paid...cannot recharge your electricity meter if you are behind ith rates.

and they will not just fit a prepaid meter you have to get approval from the council...i think the next step is to change my name to sipho khosa so that i qualify for the free stove and bits and i can get a lower rate...seeing that my consumption will be less than 100 kw once reconnected...so it will be free.

the goverment is saying we should create employment....but how do you start a bussiness and employ people when just your electricity connection cost for a 250 amp supply and this is not including all the other costs involved are over R100 000 before you even consider a DB...cabling...labour...the electricity department cost to install the cabling...etc...you got to ask yourself how do you start a bussiness...with this kind of overhead...when i started my bussiness the connection was a small fee you paid...and please dont tell me it was made up in the electricty monthly bill..because now you are paying for connection cost and a flippen high rate per kwh...i believe that we are paying for all the lost electricty being consumed on a daily basis...and because eskom and the municipalities dont have any control over the illegal connection someone has to pay the bill...well that and all the huge bonuses being paid out.

Suspended
    Thanks
    i have come to realise something today...i am actually broke...its not about the electricity department...or standard bank....or cash flow in the bussiness...its the way i have spent/managed my money...or should i say blown it....i hear people always complaining about capital....not being able to get finance etc etc...its what you do with the little money you have which makes all the difference...many years ago i had nothing flat broke i took the little money i had and spent it wisely...and slowly but surely the banks started giving me more and more credit...and as i got more i wanted more...now 10 years later i am not just broke like i was then i am in deep dwang...i have always had a policy not to spend more than i have assets...unfortunatley i have exceeded my assets..the interest and penalties are choking me to death and i am falling down a mine shaft so fast that i dont even think there will be a cushion when i hit the bottom this time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast