Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Campaigning for Receptionists Country Wide

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Come to think of it, why don't we have a "Sweep the floor with Managers Day?"
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Managers sweep the floor regularly - with a withering glance from the door. Does wonders for productivity

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Oh clever indeed! You know full well that I meant to say................

Use managers body as broom handle and hair as bristles - translated as "sweep the floor with managers"

Regards

Debbie

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I hope that "broom" operator has read the instruction manual and completed the mandatory site safety training.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbiedle View Post
    Oooooo! That was too smooth!! I was looking for a good debate here *stomps off , looking for someone else to badger*
    What can I say. Round here your wish is my command

Getting serious for a moment, I think the campaign is a fairly good idea. My reservations about getting so specific are really out of concern for escalation. However, such a campaign performs an important function - raising awareness that even what might be considered by some as the "lesser cogs" of the business machine play an important part, deserve to be treated with respect and recognised for their contribution.

/Drops back into mode:

We do that through something called remuneration

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Personally I believe that this may in fact be a bigger tool to have receptionists take themselves and their profession seriously, because it stands to reason that if THEY do, everyone else will!

I remember the receptionist at one of my first places of employment. A waste removal company! This woman was young, but always impeccably groomed, extremely serious about her work and very professional in her approach....the result? Her attitude filtered through to ALL the office staff and those (like the drivers) who had contact with the office. This company grew from zero to hero in a few years and is today JSE listed.

I believe she played her part!
    Regards

Debbie

www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbiedle View Post
    I remember the receptionist at one of my first places of employment. A waste removal company!
    /Must bite tongue. Must bite tongue

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Have to confess to the reaction, darn!, next we need to acknowledge everyone in this way.

I resisted the temptation to post that, but I have been thinking about it.
    Why the need for a "day" for any particular position in a company.

There will always be "excellent" receptionists and also seriously deficient secretaries!

You should not "spoil" them according to their position - if we insist on a Secretary's day, or a receptionist day, perhaps we then need a "Tea lady" day? (She could possibly be the most appreciated employee in the company).

Sorry to be such a spoil sport, but it is how I feel.

Your own decision to specifically set aside a day to treat your receptionist really special as a thank you - will be more appreciated when it is not an expected "norm"!

Yvonne

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    We've finally got boss's day. But I think we need Directors' Day, Managers' Day... and I propose they all fall on Pay Day
    How about a "Hard Workers Day", comes around once a year and falls on the same day that bonuses are paid.
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12