Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Campaigning for Receptionists Country Wide

Gold Member
    Thanks

Campaigning for Receptionists Country Wide

We are campaigning for Receptionist Day, to be added to the National Calendar (2nd Wednesday of every May) - to sign the petition you can either sign online at

Staff Training Website

or you can send an email to campaign@stafftraining.co.za

Receptionists are the gateways of our companies, big and small
    Their cheerful voices ring out on the line, on every call
    They direct and they orchestrate, they enquire and they inform
    They are the music of communication as well as the firewall

In honour of receptionists across the nation, let's do this! Forward this info to anyone and everyone who can and will become inspired by our mission..........

Let us honour those who brighten and lighten our days...........
    Forward this info to your friends, your family and anyone who knows someone who spoke to a receptionist today!
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    At the risk of invoking some ungodly wrath here, but don't receptionists reap the benefit of Secretary's Day

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Not quite..........secretaries get taken out for lunch, but the receptionist remains to answer the phone.

A secretary tends to work for a specific department or manager - a receptionist often works for all.

Traditionally receptionists may have been included by the more forward thinking managers on secretaries day, but it is a position in its own right and to lay emphasis on professionalism and pride, recognising it as such will go a long way towards enhancing performance.
    Regards

Debbie

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbiedle View Post
    Traditionally receptionists may have been included by the more forward thinking managers on secretaries day
    Thanks for the compliment

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Oooooo! That was too smooth!! I was looking for a good debate here *stomps off , looking for someone else to badger*
    Regards

Debbie

www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well, I was thinking that given that you feel Receptionists must be differentiated from Secretaries, I should stop the practice. The only question now is whether I should pass on your contact details now or wait for the fireworks when she doesn't get her lunch

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Pass on the details NOW Dave....I will give her a free training session or two........

*Makes note to customise training session for Dave's receptionist.........
    maybe new advanced approach to answering the phone..........Ya, waddya want, NOOOO, that cockroach hasn't been to the office for days...." *
    Regards

Debbie

www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    tbh, I didn't really know the difference before your post either.

I do think it's a great idea though and think that everyone in the work place should be appreciated. No matter how seemingly insignificant their jobs may seem. In my opinion receptionists fall into the group of workers that seem insignificant, but play a much bigger role in the smooth running of a business/company. Therefore I only think it's fair that they get their own day
    Make money by referring hosting clients to us.
    No sign up fees, no minimum monthly quotas, great earning potential!
    Click here for more info...

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Yup! Yay! Bullfrog....you got it.............underpaid and under appreciated.......this position as a traditionally female domain, encompasses much more than most..........

1. It was THE entry level position for many business woman from the 60's and 70's - many successful business woman today started their careers as receptionists.

2. It is TODAY an icon of achievement for many South Africans who started life with little emphasis on education and advancement but more so on survival.

3. It is a position where juniors are employed with little training, little background, no support and much responsibility to carry the name of the company out there with absolute professionalism? Huh? Go figure!

AND most of these ladies swim, against all odds where they are seldom thanked or even relieved of their duties to make a trip to the powder room......

I am now even beginning to see and occasional male face at the training and they are battling......they cannot believe how much needs to be addressed simultaneously!!

So me? I vouch that you ALL sign the petition NOW! Receptionists or not...
    Last edited by Debbiedle; 04-Apr-07 at 11:38 AM.
    Regards

Debbie

www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbiedle View Post
    *Makes note to customise training session for Dave's receptionist.........
    maybe new advanced approach to answering the phone..........Ya, waddya want, NOOOO, that cockroach hasn't been to the office for days...." *

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrog View Post
    I do think it's a great idea though and think that everyone in the work place should be appreciated. No matter how seemingly insignificant their jobs may seem.
    That's so sweet!

Let's start a campaign for floor-sweepers day while we're about it.
    We've finally got boss's day. But I think we need Directors' Day, Managers' Day... and I propose they all fall on Pay Day
    Last edited by Dave A; 04-Apr-07 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Stir some more - how long is a piece of string?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast