Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New co.za Domain Name Registration Service

Email problem
    Thanks
    Is see on the site it says "Your annual domain registration fee of R50-00 will be payable directly to the registrar!" So not free right? I pay about the same when I get a domain from hostcow, and they even give me the first year of the domain free when I buy hosting. Am I readying everything right?

Pardon the ramble

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Uniforum charges R50.00 for domain registrations and renewals, so someone has to pay.

Some hosting packages give "free" domain registrations, but ultimately the cost is built into the package.

Just a word of caution on those free domain registration deals - if you move hosting, getting them to transfer the domain can be quite a PITA. I had the devil's own job moving a "free" domain from Siteground some years back.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JanvandeMerwe View Post
    Is see on the site it says "Your annual domain registration fee of R50-00 will be payable directly to the registrar!" So not free right? I pay about the same when I get a domain from hostcow, and they even give me the first year of the domain free when I buy hosting. Am I readying everything right?

Pardon the ramble
    Hi Jan

Dave is right.

UniformSA asks a R50 annual domain registration / renewal fee.

When going through webhosting companies or domain registrars, registering a co.za domain will cost you anything from R60 to R300.

The reason is that these companies ask additional fees for registering the domain and making a profit for their companies from this.

Like Dave said, many companies may ask R200 a month for hosting, and will advertise the domain registration at no costs. The domain registration, is in fact calculated into the first monthly fee.

Cozareg.com is free in the sense that users can register their own domain names, without paying hosting companies or domain registrars the extra fees. You are in control of your own domain name and can make changes to it on the site as you please.

Thanks
    Hi Everyone!

We have launched our new member section over at www.cozareg.com

User can now register their free accounts. Some features we have implemented this far:

After logging into your account:

* The form for new domain registrations will be auto-completed with your information. Users no longer need to complete the form any longer each time a new domain is registered.

* Users can add all their domain names under their control panel.

* Users can update or make changes to their domain(s), with the click of a button, online.

* Users can "Push" or transfer domain names to other users.

* Users can delete domain names manually from their accounts.

More features are planned.

Please feel free to register your free account and test the new user section. We do expect bugs, so please report them if you come across them.

We have contacted Uniform SA and requested an increase in the number of requests originating from our site. We will wait and see what they say. If they dont play ball, we will implement other features in ensuring we don't experience broken service delivery in updating domains.

Please let me know what you think of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12