Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: electricity account for jan/feb

Suspended
    Thanks

electricity account for jan/feb

nil...kw useage nil.

the worse thing the elctricity department could have done was discoonect my power...and at the road...it has been open gates for me some really creative ideas and some simply ideas.

apparently they dont believe i can use zero kw so they have decided to do an investigation...i cant wait...they cant even figue out which fuse feeds my house...and yet they want to do an investigation...i have finally come up with ideas of bypassing the meter without breaking any seals...lifting any neutral plates to stop the meter turning...drilling small holes in the meter to phydically slow down the meter...all methods which the department have already discovered.

and what makes it easier is the use of alternate means of power....by setting up all these devices just makes it look like you can go without their power and bring your consumption down...it is amazing how they watch your comsumption and if it comes down they deteck it...and query.

so for those of you who think by changing to a pre paid meter is the easy way out and you just convert them jipo the meter think again...make sure you have enough alternate means to run your household otherwise you will get caught...they monitor your useage even when on a pre apid system...

they are watching you...even though everyone i speak to are so anti the elctricity department and feel the yare being ripped off...there are pimps who will rat you out if they get half a chance...so if you decide to cut your cable and put a tee piece under the ground before your meter dont tell anyone about it.

we are lucky they only read the meter every 3 months so sometimes if you forget to replace the link in the meter its no big deal...

my motto get back waht they are stealing from us...91 cents per kw...daylight robbery and they can get away with it...in fact it is not even regarded as crimminal.

and as for R980 rates dont get me started...until someone can explain the R600 increase in one month i regard it as theft...and go out of my way to get some return on my investment...sutcliff says they cut the verges 7 times a year...must be on the roads he travels home everyday because it sure as hell aint happening where i live nor on my route home...more like every seven years...and he says we must report the long grass how about they just do their job...like they are suppose to or had done until he took over.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    sutcliff says they cut the verges 7 times a year...

Maybe they pay someone to get them cut 7 times a year...

Thanks
    I heard part of the radio interview the other day - it definitely sounded like they contract other companies to do most of the cutting.
    Watching the ships passing by.

Thanks
    A couple of things, firstly if you want to live off-grid and avoid utility bills why don't you just install a decent pv array?

I'm not convinced it's a good idea to crook the metering, if they catch you they'll make an example of you for sure. There's also a consumption analyser that you can connect to the supply of a house or office for that matter and it will record not only consumption but also exactly what appliances are running in the premises. It will log every individual appliance you own, geysers, fridges, air-con units, stove, microwave, kettle, lights....the lot. It doesn't then take a genius to figure that your metering doesn't match your consumption. link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonintr...ivacy_Concerns

Suspended
    Thanks
    dont worry andy i wont be so stupid...they are just ideas...this is a public forum.

by the way there is a tractor which drives around cutting the open areas...NDM registration so they dont contract it all out...the problem is you never see the people who do the edging...let me rephrase that you see the people who are supose to be doing the cutting but never actually cutting...or they just cant keep up with the tractor.

i still dont know what i actually get for paying rates...its not sewage...or refuse removal...or water or electricity....because i pay for these ...nor is it verge cleaning...or road maintenance because that is not exsisitant where i live...maybe i should find out where sutcliff lives and move there because i take it the roads are good...the verges cut...no power failures...no big holes where they do road crossings or where the roads are collapsing from the water wash...you can actually stop in the orange line...because the bush hasnt grown over the orange line into the road and the only thing stopping it from growing right across the road are the vehicles brushing against it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    my motto get back waht they are stealing from us...91 cents per kw...daylight robbery and they can get away with it...in fact it is not even regarded as crimminal.
    actually SA's retail price of electricity is pretty low when compared to other countries:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electri...ice_comparison

Suspended
    Thanks
    robin hood come to mind?

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    actually SA's retail price of electricity is pretty low when compared to other countries:
    and look at spain....canada...finland...how cheap it is...if we are gona start comparing to 1 st world countries...why compare surely we should be looking at the cost to make and distribute it in south africa...can we can do it for 31 cents if so then why are they charging us 91 cents?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    First, that price is out of date. We've had some hefty increases since. Second, that's Eskom's bulk price, not what domestic householders are paying.

In fact, I think that table is way to simplistic to give any sort of comparative indication. There are multiple tariff scales in play.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I get very annoyed at this type of simplistic comparison is done, and secondly, I do not live in the other country, nor do I get any benefits from the other country, so please do not compare me to the other country. In fact the next time a politician uses this type of phrase, we should remind him that we do not give a rats ass about what other countries charge, we live here not somewhere else. If you want to compare, then also give us the other countries benefits and services.

What about quality of service, installation of new points, expansion, and all other services. Also take into account income, health services, fuel, medical and so on. Taking one single item and making a comparison is a crock of sh!t. If you look at the average income of a low income earner, approximately R5000 a month, as opposed to about R30,000 in Spain for instance, then what is the cost of the electricity per unit? You can see a table of World Salaries
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast