i have adopted a new attitude with my make it work...workmanship.

if you are stupid enough to get 5 aircons fitted and let the a/c company connect the units without getting a qualified electrician to work out the load on the socket outlest because they are just 9000 units and 12 000 units connected to the socket outlet...then you must pay twice...once for the aircon company to install and connect then again for the electrician to come and do the job properly...run more circuits.

this is becomeing good bussiness for us electricians and the beuty is the people are desperate...because the units are tripping when it is 30 + degrees and the fridge and everything goes off...so they need it done asap...i love it.

i listend to a salesman trying to sell aircons to one of my customers and when i confronted him about the problem...he said he would get back to me...yes i ran seperate circuits for the customers...dont forget aircons are like motors they have a startup current...even thought the new use less start up current....it is still there and putting in a 30 amp breaker using 2.5 mm twin &e is not the way to overcome the problem.

joints in the cable which dont reach the plug socket are causeing major fires...been to a couple...surprised the insurance comapnies pay out for this type of thing...in fact my mates granny flat burnt to the ground because of a bad connection on the lead between the a/c unit and the socket...and something else to be careful of...man you must see how the unit explodes and flies across the room...lucky it didnt kill the tenant...infact if it wasnt for the unit exploding and waker her up she would have died from the smoke which filled the room.