Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Medical Aid

Thanks

Smile Medical Aid Help

Hi all. I have been investigating the medical aid industry in South African, discovering the good and the bad.

Since this thread started about two years ago there have been huge developments in medical schemes covering pregnancy, c sections and so forth. Waiting periods for new members have been reduced as it is unrealistic to expect anyone to delay having a baby! I suggest you go to http://www.medical-aid-plan.co.za and check out the five largest South African medical aid plans namely Discovery Health, Momentum, Sizwe, Bonitas and Libmed for details.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Singhms View Post
    Hi Guys & Gals,

Just a quick 1 before my real question, if my memory serves me right didnt we have a general section where we could ask general questions? I know this is a business forum but we have some highly intellegent people with real good advise here

My question is about medical aid. My wife and i are planning a child. I have always been on medical aid until the last 14 months due to financial difficulty as i started my own business.

I hear there are some medical aids that have waiting periods of 12 months for pregnancy and child births and some 3 months ?

Any one with any advise ?

Thanks guys
    I'm not sure if you will find this helpful hospital_plan.php I heard its also affordable; otherwise good luck with every thing.

Thanks
    I sell Medical Aids and I'm on a hospital plan, as my biggest fear is being in an accident and being stuck in a ;Public hospital. I pay for GP's and dentistry out of my own pocket.

If you have had no gap in cover, the general waiting period will be waived. (if you require emergency trauma treatement within the general waiting period, that is covered. trauma is defined as an event caused by accident, violent, external and visible means, where failure to provide medical attention would place the members health in serious jeopardy)

If you have an existing condition then a 12 month condition specific waiting period may be applied.

Every medical aid is different with regards to children as it can be a touchy subject, I have had clients take a medical aid then fall pregnant. 3 months after the pregnancy they go on to cancel the medical aid.
    You miss 100% of the chances you never take

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234