Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: humans the virus?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm not entirely sure snipping would be needed, at least not everywhere. Awareness programs could go a long way. In parts of the world TV, a good education and a sense of responsibility doesn't do too badly either.

I only raise snips and the like because it sheds light on the "what if I lose a child" issue.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The government should not pay child support grants. I had a gardener who has 11 children. His view is that he needs the children to get the grants. I believe that the number of children in a family is generally inversely proportional to the level of education in that family. More education = less kids (generally)

It is not about snipping, it is about taking responsibility for the wellbeing of your offspring. Ensuring that they have the best possible future. It goes back to the level of education of the parent. Education in this sense refers to schooling, values, morals etc.

I will open a huge can of worms and blame religion / spiritual belief systems for many of the social ills. Statements like "God will provide", "He didn't die because he was a stupid twit who walked across a highway, no, it was his time to go", "Doesn't matter what you did, just ask for foregiveness and it will all be ok", "The devil made me do it", "The bible says....", "We don't condone contraception"... We are taught from a very young age to abdicate responsibility for our choices.

I noticed another interesting thing during a conversation with friends over dinner. We were talking about a particular girl that did certain things and it was said that it was due to the bad influence of her friends. Interesting how all kids are badly influenced by their friends, but are never the influencers themselves. - We shift the blame, "The reason my kid got trashed last night was because of the influence of his friends - not because he is a little sh_t who should be in a reform school"...
    Last edited by adrianh; 12-Jan-11 at 10:44 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well if you convince the world that there is no god then more people will value life because they will know that there is only one shot at everything and this is it! Imagine how the world will change overnight.

I personally always thought that we only need three things to guide us; our morality, laws and fear of death. I think it will have a profound effect on humanity. Think about it what is even more scary then hell, none existence an infinite nothingness with no escape closure or happiness. That is really scary.

Yes playing the blame game is as natural as breathing; we do it all the time.

Still if you call humanity a virus, cancer or parasite then basically we still have function a corrupt function but a function none the less.

In my personal opinion life is about life, I say this because life is like light as long as there is light darkness cannot exist. The same is true with life, without it there is nothing. Then all the stars, planets and everything else accounts for nothing because there is nothing to experience it.

Are we over populated, yes we are with a rape happening every 60 seconds in South Africa it is true that life found cruel ways to continue. So if not willingly then forcefully, that is the way of nature.

All the education in the world cannot bestow self-control. If we had a proper self-control mechanism in the brain then laws would have been pointless. So for this reason we need laws, we need technological devices to assist population control.

So in the end we need to say yes to a system that has the potential to wipe the human race out of existence. We need our laws to govern us because people lack self-control. We need morality because it helps us to exist peacefully. And we need an honest fear for death so that we can respect and honour life.

Religion is there for those who need it, I do criticize it, but I will not stand in anybody’s way for choosing to follow a Religion. I also do hope that there is more to life and death...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Well if you convince the world that there is no god then more people will value life because they will know that there is only one shot at everything and this is it! Imagine how the world will change overnight.
    The statement I am making here is not to debate religious beliefs.

Swinging the pendulum, because there is no after life, then I have no morals about murder to get my achievements, just make sure I don't get caught, since I must do everything in my lifetime.

Religion in this facet does instill self control.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well that is where you missed out on the morality bit. If you are so keen to kill then you will kill regardless of religion because the finality is the same aka “prison and death” Having justification saying that I want it all and I don’t care how I get it, is not a justification it shows the fact that you have no “self-control” regardless of religion and or laws.

It is for this reasons “lack of self-control, no morality and no respect for life” that we are deemed as a virus, cancer or parasite. So in that respect alone life already lost meaning because it is not about preserving life anymore, it is about what you get and what you can get.

In order for humanity to change, we need to conclude that systems are necessary to control population, to monitor us and to allow us to live an average life. But if you think the supper rich will be happy with “an average life” you are seriously mistaken. See we believe it is necessary to have lower middle and upper classes so that “a balance” can be uphold. That is BS...

The only reason an afterlife is so important to us, is because we are programmed to value it. It allows for servitude, self-sacrifice and obedience. It is designed that way.

I honestly cannot say there is no afterlife but I can say this, if gods cannot value life or the meaning of life and value the wellbeing of their creations then they cannot be gods. Or perhaps they just like collecting broken toys. But as you say this is not a religious debate.

I still think humanity must start over, forget history and just use our technological advancement to secure a sustainable future.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post

Swinging the pendulum, because there is no after life, then I have no morals about murder to get my achievements, just make sure I don't get caught, since I must do everything in my lifetime.

Religion in this facet does instill self control.
    Please note that the 'I' in this post is meant to be a third person, and is not my views.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Please note that the 'I' in this post is meant to be a third person, and is not my views.
    your sentence is first person singular.

Unless there is some rule in “higher learning” that I am not aware off in which case I am really sorry.

However in my opinion I do consider your post to be a valid point.
    Last edited by tec0; 13-Jan-11 at 02:41 PM.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    your sentence is first person singular.

Unless there is some rule in “higher learning” that I am not aware off in which case I am really sorry.
    Do forgive me for my grammar, languages was not my strongest subject at school, and was my second language to my home language. This is not an excuse to not improve though

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Do forgive me for my grammar, languages was not my strongest subject at school, and was my second language to my home language. This is not an excuse to not improve though
    Not to worry I am dyslexic and sometimes use the wrong words because for some reason beyond my control I couldn’t recognise the right word. Also this is my second language, and the mistakes I sometimes make is beyond belief!
    peace is a state of mind

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123