Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: humans the virus?

Thanks
    Sure we do have choice, i was referring more to the things which we dont, like tax, paying for Malema to drive smart car, not high on my priorities, in fact just about everything we pay tax on i hate with a passion as it is badly utilized, that i have no choice really. Please dont say vote differently!! Another thread (not to go off topic or debate here) agrees that ANC wouldn't walk anyway!

I can make choice about how i make money, how we live, how i spend free time, how i educate my kids (even that is debatable according to government)

I dont choose to complain generally, rather look for the positives. To answer, i wouldn't choose a leader. Although animal kingdoms seem to suggest it would be correct to have an Alpha, but it surely hasnt worked for us! Leaders at some point, always seem to be in it for themselves (maybe thats a bit to general) ... kinda like a cancer maybe?

Anyway with the topic all i think i am suggesting we are ending our existence and seem to choose to ignore it, no matter how you look at it.
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    You can call humanity a cancer you can say we are a virus or a parasite. I say we are a power not yet realised. But that will soon change because the world is changing.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    However, now we talk about population control? Of all the things we have given up now we need to regulate life? Nobody has the right to tell anybody “sorry you are not allowed to procreate”.
    A right shouldn't be causing harm to ourselves or others. But if you insist procreation as a right, could we at least put a limit on that "right?"

Look, breeding faster than you are being killed off is an important species survival strategy when you aren't the dominant species. Procreation at a rapid pace used to be important for us.

But we're past that stage. In fact, the biggest long term threat to the survival of mankind as a species (other than the possibility of a big piece of rock landing here at horrific speed) is the fact that we're multiplying procreating too fast. Right now we are becoming our own worst enemy - if we aren't already.

Is procreation worthy of being an absolute and unlimited right?

Suspended
    Thanks
    its called "GREED" something humans seem to have the least control over...thats why i believe money is the root of all evil...it is what drives a lot of people..when you have had the feel of it...it is hard to live without.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well having only 1 wife would be a good start. Having only 2 children is “ok” for now. Mandatory sterilisation at age 25 is ok considering teenage pregnancies are “normal” now...

And just for “insurance purposes” allow the man and wife to store some of their genetic material “if something happens to the offspring then they can still have the option of having a third child”

But then the Government must provide excellent healthcare for free, excellent schools for free and proper monitory systems for free, because if something happens to 1 or both of your children then I feel you have the right to sue the hell out of your government because your genetic heritage died with them!

Well the upside would be “no more abortions”
    Last edited by tec0; 11-Jan-11 at 10:25 PM.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    because if something happens to 1 or both of your children then I feel you have the right to sue the hell out of your government because your genetic heritage died with them!
    That's part of the lottery of life, I'm afraid.

Anyone who's had the snip will know the drill - if you lose a child, would you want to have another one?
    Truth is you can't replace the child you lost.

I know it sounds controversial to talk of population control. But seriously - isn't quality more important than quantity when we are talking about trying to assure quality of life for future generations?

Thanks
    Once you have fathered or born two children it should be law that you present yourself for the snip.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    That's part of the lottery of life, I'm afraid.

Anyone who's had the snip will know the drill - if you lose a child, would you want to have another one?
    Truth is you can't replace the child you lost.

I know it sounds controversial to talk of population control. But seriously - isn't quality more important than quantity when we are talking about trying to assure quality of life for future generations?
    I thinks that the right answer i was hesitating to look for. It is a gamble but having a way out would possibly defeat the object of negative growth. Negative growth would ultimately lead to some names disappearing, kinda in the maths and inevitable. Lets face it we dont even have parents to go around for children at the moment!!

Snip and cut, i agree! Everyone has there chance and now allow others.

It does kinda look like nature is having it's say as well at the moment tec0 like you suggest with all the earth quakes, floods etc. Also food for thought. I always believed that HIV was actually natures way of trying to turn things around, conspiracy theories all aside!
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I don’t think the question is; do we value life? Rather; is life valued? The answer is no... Life has no value. You are what you have in the bank. I thought the movie 2012 showed that brilliantly, when the world was about to “end” only the supper powerful and the supper rich made it. The rest got a once in a lifetime light show of spewing fire.

Is it not true that some are more equal than others? So in short you will end up with incest and as the English nobility discovered that is never a good thing. Who will have the right to have children and why?

I agree however that a high standard of living requires a lot of resources. But in the end your gene-pool is perhaps the most valuable asset because genetic defects are “less lightly” and thus healthy.

In the end the truth is, it will take new technologies to store genetic material, to control fertility on a massif scale of about 8 billion+ people... See you are talking about castrating almost every living being. Or perhaps reversible castration would be more acceptable.

But for this to become acceptable there will be a need for an infallible system because if it fails then humanity face extinction.
    Last edited by tec0; 12-Jan-11 at 09:14 AM.
    peace is a state of mind

Suspended
    Thanks
    i got remarried to a women a whole lot younger than i am and she wanted babies...i have already got a couple from the previous marriage...so its a good thing i didnt get the snip however as you all know i am now a donkey instead of a stallion and thats how i feel...just an update...i wouldnt recomend you have it if you havent had it done...i am going blind...my reaction time has slowed down and my lust for more has deteriated...i dont even get happy when i see a tidy peice of stock walking down the road with a short mini...it could just be the old age catching up...but i somehow dont think so...i know old bullets who still have got what it takes in their old age and they havent been snipped...this is just my personal opinion...rather get the wife to have it done as soon as the last kid pops...the doc does it quick while they are on the table.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast