Thread: Looking for a talented programmer/web designer!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Looking for a talented programmer/web designer!

I'm looking for somebody who knows his stuff when it comes to PHP, JavaScript, HTML and CSS coding to possibly work with us/become a partner in a huge project which we have in the pipelines at the moment.

Preferably he/she should be familiar with Joomla! and be able to code components for the CMS. Ideally the person has experience with designing web pages and has a creative mind with a BIG imagination.

What we have is something that could be a big hit in SA and I need somebody (with a bit more skill than that which we possess ) that will be just as excited as we are to work on this project and is willing to provide creative input every step of the way.

Remuneration is most likely going to be in the form of a percentage of the profits for a period of time after it has gone public. Everything is negotiable, all I'm looking for is a person who is keen!

Any interested people please PM me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi Mark,

If you do not find some one, let me know.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi Justloadit,

Thanks. What is it that you do?

I'm currently exploring all options available to me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi Mark,

I am part of a group that does specialized internet based projects. Whilst I am not directly involved with in the server side, my team is well versed in this side of the technology. We started prepaid airtime selling some 8 years back, first in the world doing real time transactions through the web, most other companies currently involved in this were inspired by our business. We integrate micro controllers to communicate with the server to upload/download information in real time.

Another system going live in the next week or so is MyRadar, and Community Defense which will also go live this month, but will get a skin change in the next week or two.

Another system is Asset Management which can track an asset as it travels through a repair center, or manufacturing process, or even track work in progress. The user can set up internal stages, and stages to inform clients about progress. We found that informing clients about progress definitely reduces the number of calls by clients inquiring about progress. It also increases manger efficiency in dealing with queries, as up to date information is entered in real time. The client can tailor change the system to suite his environment, and select at what stages clients are informed. Reports are printed daily to give an over all picture of the business. The system has been implemented with computer illiterate people, because of a touch screen process. The operator selects his name and enters his password, which automatically directs him to his section of the process, and by selecting the job via a touch screen keyboard, simply advances by accessing a process. The rest is done in the backgrund.

Most of the work is done on PHP, and is server based so the information is safe even if the work station is stolen or fails.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Interesting. I'm not quite sure if it's exactly the sort of stuff we're looking for, though.

I'm not really looking for any sort of application per say. I'm more interested in advanced website functionality with good design elements.

Oh just one thing, I had a look at your justloadit site. It could REALLY do with a bit of an updated website design. It detracts from your product/service, no matter how good they may be. I just felt I should point that out. Being a web designer, it's the kind of thing that sticks out and slaps me in the face.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Please Mark don't be sorry, it is one of the things I will fix up this year. You will not believe that that site cost me nothing, made it up on publisher in about 20 minutes, and has brought me very good overseas business, at it shows quite high up in Google rankings. I have some new products coming into line and was hoping to do everything in one go.