I'm currently engaged in some email correspondence with a recently banned "new" member - banned for using a particular method to circumvent the spam control measures of this website.

Here's the conversation so far:
Good day I would just like to know why my account has been suspended.

Thanks
> You were banned effectively for deceptive posting practices. The spam
> control mechanisms are there for a reason.
>
> Ironically your post might have been approved, but the (and let's be
> honest here just for a moment) method by which you got your links in,
> thereby circumventing moderation, is not accidental and is
> automatically considered an offence worthy of a permanent ban regardless of the content.
My aim however was to help the businesses on the forum, by sllowing them to advertise for free, so obviously the site needs to be mentioned.

Business forums are there to help businesses and if by offering free services and then getting banned is a policy, the policy should be reviewed.
Person's name - I've approved similar content in the past. But that's not the issue. To be clear - right now I only care about one "intention" in this transaction - your deliberate avoidance of the spam controls of TFSA. Why did you do that?

You can try to rationalise this as "the ends justify the means" - but ultimately you didn't trust me to recognise the value in what you are trying to do - so why should I or anyone else on TFSA trust you?
Am I being too harsh?