Recently there was a big stir created by the resignation letter of a young black professional from Investec. This seems to have stirred up a bunch of emotions from other young black professionals. The M&G has an article with a bunch of anecdotal stories about prejudice in the work place. Here is an example,

Thabo (27)BCom
Thabo was headhunted for an executive position at an IT services company, but “there was no proper transfer of knowledge done for me and I could not ask questions; it was deemed stupid.” White junior staff members below him were given information and support, and it gave him the impression that he was incompetent and could not deliver.

Mistakes were not tolerated from black staff and emails and phone calls were monitored constantly. “There was no trust and you could suddenly be searched for ‘stolen things’ with no apology being given if they found nothing on you. This only happened to black staff members,” says Thabo.

When Thabo questioned his boss, he said the business was successful because of the way he runs it. “Sadly, with so much value to add, we are seen as wanting to take over the business, as being a threat, when all we see is our future and our need is to be part of success,” says Thabo. He quit his job.
I do believe that there is still plenty of prejudice (be it racial, religious, sexist, etc.) still going around. I just wonder, is this a case of real prejudice, or just a case of, "Welcome to the real world" with racially tinted glasses. When you get out there into a real job, just about nobody gives a stuff about you - they are mostly interested in what you can do for them.

I wonder how many whites, indians, coloureds, chinese, etc. can tell the same story, and how many young black professionals can tell the opposite story?

Should these people just get over themselves, or are the genuinely being discriminated against?