Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Racism is racism is racism ...

Thanks
    "And the frog is boiled alive" in which I also summarise this incredible situation where we simply accept, tolerate, acquiesce in, allow ... the most abnormal, intolerable situations to subsist ... without realizing that, in effect, we are being "boiled alive" ... slowly but surely.
    An excellent reply, Chris.

SAmbabwe is most definitely in the frog-boiling business. The whole state apparatus has been so severely eroded over the last number of years that, under the present regime, the downward slide will move into a death spiral.

The national psyche is now firmly in the hands of the 'we demands'. Difficult times seem to lie ahead.

The leadership vacuum is tangible.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    A new word for me as well.

What is interesting, is if such a word exists in the English language, it may mean that what we are experiencing now has happened before, and a word created to describe this cancer
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm more interested in how Chris came across it in the first place.

It is damningly appropriate and I was suitably impressed.

Thanks
    Me too...

BOVER Technologies
    - computer sales and TeamViewer support
    Elmine Botha Freelance Photographer - Photographer/ Videographer

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Unhappy Racism is racism is racism

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I'm more interested in how Chris came across it in the first place.

It is damningly appropriate and I was suitably impressed.
    I am a retired judge by profession. Anomie is a pretty elementary concept in the study of criminology, i.e, the study of why we have crime which is a bad manifestation of deviance.

So what you can accept is that this is not "rocket science" to thousands of our lot in the legal sector. Therefore I find it absolutely astounding that government does not appear to be getting the obvious advice on this score.

For example - an "expert" was being interviewed on Radio 702 about "crime" in SA. The usual "more police", "harsher sentences" tripe was on the menu. I phoned in and took the stance as to why we were concerned to "treat acne with cream etc when the real cause was a blood disorder", i.e, that we should be tackling our anomic condition, the fundamental driver of all our deviance and crime.

The good man agreed with everything I had to say, without the slightest qualification or reserve.
    So why the frigging hell do we mess about with "superficial", "band aid" strategies and ignore fundamental realities..???. It drives me coo-coo ...!!!!

..... like asking me to switch on my headlights so as to better see things I can already see quite perfectly ... Are we serious??? Really?

... and, of cause, we have this unreal approach all over the place ... don't we?
    Let us have the conversation!
    Blog: http://coginito.blogspot.com Cognito ergo sum

6. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (07-Jan-11)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNG53 View Post
    The good man agreed with everything I had to say, without the slightest qualification or reserve.
    So why the frigging hell do we mess about with "superficial", "band aid" strategies and ignore fundamental realities..???.
    Probably because of cognitive dissonance. The subliminal process of rationalisation means the visible evidence of the problem is so far removed from the actual fracture, the victim has problems connecting actual cause with the effect.
    Last edited by Dave A; 07-Jan-11 at 11:27 AM.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Probably because of cognitive dissonance. The subliminal process of rationalisation means the visible evidence of the problem is so far removed from the actual fracture, the victim has problems connecting actual cause with the effect.
    I don't think so, with respect. I think it was simply a case of ensuring that your bread stays nicely butterred. The expert was reporting in terms of a "government sponsored" study he and others had just done. Like all "tenderperneurs', he was always going to "babble" on about no more than was absolutely necessary ... and not start dealing in "inconvenient truths".

South Africa has a fistful of incredibly talented, brilliant people ... yet we have a "deafening silence" on a whole bunch of issues.

For instance - take the World Cup. Of cause a World Cup is terribly exciting ... etc. The reality, however, was that we simply could not afford to indulge ourselves in this way ... but we did ... and practically no-one raised a pipsqueak in objection. Apparently the thing made us look good ... in the eyes of the world.

Well, "looking good" is a terribly fickle commodity. Ask Tiger Woods.
    Today, in considering South Africa, the whole world is preoccupied - not with the World Cup - but with the brutal murder of Anni Dewani!
    Let us have the conversation!
    Blog: http://coginito.blogspot.com Cognito ergo sum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Ohhhhh how the truth hurts.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Ha ha welcome to the "New South Africa. It was never this bad and will never improve. Racism is and always will be alive and kicking. The majority of the racists are obviously found in the largest ethic group. They somehow think they are more equal than the rest of us, as for their inferiority complexes, I am sure you would also have one if you could not think further than your nose. Even if it is flat.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Sparks, you do realise that last post makes you a racist, I'm sure.

So if you're OK with being a racist and grant yourself the right to run down blacks on the basis of their flat noses, does that mean you don't have a problem with blacks giving themselves preferential status in some areas, such as economic entitlement or job reservation for example, ahead of you as a whitey too?
    Last edited by Dave A; 08-Jan-11 at 06:37 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast