Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism is racism is racism ...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well, you can challenge this problem legally as it is your right to do so. I would recommend that you do research on the subject before saying or claiming anything. A good place to start is here; The Universal Declaration of Human Rights as stated by the UN

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights Article 7;

All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Racism is racism is racism ...

I have little doubt that if the whole AA and BEE models were challenged they would be either struck down or receive a sever mauling by the Constitutional Court.
    Whatever may have been "imagined" when the model were configured, actual experience has proved beyond any doubt that they are racist.
    Beverley Tatham, a renowned Black expert on the subject, states that "if you want to establish racism just see who is benefiting ... and who is not ."
    On this test we find that Blacks benefit whether or not they are actually disadvantaged.
    This occurs under AA and BEE.
    Under BEE the benefits are just "fabulous".
    By no stretch of the imagination, or anything else, can this be classified as "fair" discrimination. It is a no brainer.
    If it is not fair it is unconstitutional.
    It would be also quite easy to augment the challenge by mapping out the other insidious effects we now have = "all are equal but Blacks are more equal"
    For instance - what do Sonia and Mathew Booth tell their children about what and who they are? If they stick with truth their children are automatically excluded from jobs and contracts ...i.e, are second class citizens.
    A system that coerces children to deny or under value their own father's ethnicity is quite obviously inherently evil ... and therefore unconstitutional.
    Last edited by Dave A; 03-Jan-11 at 07:45 PM.
    Let us have the conversation!
    Blog: http://coginito.blogspot.com Cognito ergo sum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I really don’t get it; do you honestly think ALL people think that way?

I don’t, I would simply say you are not getting the full picture. At this moment labour brokers are controlling ALL work in my aria, they don’t care about colour, and they don’t care about labour laws and unions and equality.

All they want is cheap labour so that they can take there “half” of all the people that work’s money, and I really cannot justify why we have labour brokers because they are singlehandedly destroying any and every job culture that we worked to get.

Laws both National and International exist so that you can be protected. But I don’t see people using those laws. No I see a lot of posts all over the internet of angry people screaming about this and that. Hoping that others will stand up and do the deed.

It is called laziness! You are interested in getting people angry, hoping that they will cause change.

Change start by writing a letter to your political party. To do things legally and correctly!!! Then your political party is responsible to create awareness and they must bring it to the attention of all the other parties involved and the UN. Only then can the UN call for a formal hearing and investigation and only then can problems be solved.

But it is so much work contacting your friends and family by e-mail asking them to start writing letters to our political parties via e-mail. It is so much work to call your political party and ask who is responsible for what and how the systems work. It is so horribly difficult for you to do anything and there is no shortage of excuses.

See you must take the first step, yes it will take time, and yes there will be difficulties. But again, why must you do anything at all?
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    But I don’t see people using those laws. No I see a lot of posts all over the internet of angry people screaming about this and that. Hoping that others will stand up and do the deed.
    Are you surprised people don't trust the legal system to do the job anymore? And at a reasonable price? Zuma, Shaik, a slew of very expensive drunk driving defences paid for by rates and taxes despite the fact that they were lost causes pretty much from the outset. Fighting for justice through the legal system has become affordable only to multi-millionaires and people with access to public money.
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    But it is so much work contacting your friends and family by e-mail asking them to start writing letters...
    Those angry people are giving voice to their frustration. If they can't afford the legal costs of pursuing justice, at least they're raising public awareness of the issues they face.
    ...to our political parties via e-mail. It is so much work to call your political party and ask who is responsible for what and how the systems work.
    They're politicians - do you expect an honest answer? At best they'll tell you what you want to hear and remind you to vote for them at the next election.

If they were honest, and depending on which political party you're calling, the truthful answers would be either "I'm responsible - don't you dare stuff up my gravy train ride" or "I don't have the power to change a single damn thing just at the moment."
    Last edited by Dave A; 03-Jan-11 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yes our law system is... “I rather not finish this sentence” But international laws is something else or so we hope. See in the end it is about getting a voice, if enough people use the proper “but difficult system” Then we might get lucky and the UN will take an active interest.

But if people just continue to criticise and only point to their frustrations then basically we are deflecting interest and things will not change. We must point out the facts and only the facts. Nobody listens to an angry mob they just shoot teargas at the mob and write them off as extremist.

But if you push your concerns forward using the proper systems and factual concerns then the chances improve somewhat.
    peace is a state of mind

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Racism is racism is racism ...

Teco - I hear you loud and clear. It is all very frustrating as with so many other aspects of our country.
    And yes ... just moaning and groaning about it achieves nothing.
    In my case I have blogged the thing and sent an appeal to all the main "opinion makers". Social networking can be a very powerful medium.
    I have also devoted space in a book I have written.
    It's all I can do ... mini crusade within the limits of my resources. Propagating TRUTH has never caused harm and often induces change.
    What I don't believe in is to grumble, moan and groan ... without confronting centers of power and influence.
    What I have noticed is that these centers of power and influence "don't want to know" ... "don't give a sh%#" -- and that is why nothing changes. The Editor of the Sowetan deleted my appeal without even reading it.
    But does that mean one should then just "shut up". No!, because those who benefit from maintaining the status quo want you to do just that ... shut up and lump it.
    The present situation is SA is obscene ... it is evil ... and I, for one, will not shut up about it.

Thanks
    I've only been back in SA since mid July.

A few things I've come across thus far (not an exhaustive list, by any means):
    1. To obtain government (largish) contracts, BEE status is mandatory;
    2. Corruption at the highest levels is rife - actually all the way down the grab chain;
    3. ANC youth league promotes Zuma's son's business interests - blatantly;
    4. People's lives are threatened if they expose this rampant corruption;
    5. A lecturer at a University needs to be dark green to obtain a permanent position (blatant);
    6. Current 'top' (light green) lecturers at many universities are on one year contracts - already some have retired 2-3 times;
    7. Light green businesses struggle to get registered (excessive times). Dark green seem to breeze through;
    8. The road systems are collapsing;
    9. Young light green school leavers face a jobless future;
    10. Too many 'workers' demand their 'rights', & prefer to strike & not work;
    11. SA salaries are in excess of 2-3x those of SE Asia - productivity 1/2, or less of SE Asia;
    12. Cartels rule the roost in SA;
    13. SA is moving down the skids - slowly, but surely;
    14. The chances of a regime-change coup grow daily - together with the growing season of discontent.
    15. SA's medical industry has slipped far behind health-care in SE Asia.
    16. Doctors & pharmacies are milking the local previously-advantaged population - in extreme measure.
    17. SA's housing bubble is the highest in the world. It is about to burst.
    18. Food is excessively expensive.
    19. SA is now importing food. (Where have the farmers gone?)
    20. SA farm murders are rife.
    21. Farm expropriation pressures loom. (Welcome to SAmbabwe).
    22. The rugby coach is appointed based on colour, not ability.
    23. At SA Home Affairs, what used to take 2 days to sort out, is still not settled 5 months later - with no end in sight. (Zuma praises Home Affairs).

One only has to wonder what SA could have looked like were a non-racist policy to have been followed.
    Last edited by desA; 05-Jan-11 at 09:45 AM.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Racism is racism is racism

DesaA - your summary is so indicative of an overall situation that is "surreal", i.e, real but hardly recognized as such.
    In my book "The Other -without fear,favour or prejudice-" I devote a Chapter titled "And the frog is boiled alive" in which I also summarise this incredible situation where we simply accept, tolerate, acquiesce in, allow ... the most abnormal, intolerable situations to subsist ... without realizing that, in effect, we are being "boiled alive" ... slowly but surely.
    The Zuma government has obviously sensed this phenomena and there are some clear indications that it wants to arrest the situation. However it is severely hamstrung, on any number of counts, especially as the "Black is entitled" dogma has corrupted the whole State in it's emotional intelligence. In short, no one is even starting to see the inherent evil that is now a national religion, spawning anything and everything except "true transformation" of our post apartheid society.
    The media is quite valiant but somewhat "superficial" about the paradigm problems besetting this nation. So you have a "daft" Lead SA campaign that we must all switch on our lights apparently to better see vehicles that we can already see quite perfectly, thus distracting us from the real problem which is bad road use culture.
    Another example is the "General" Beke Cele led national idea that the cure to crime is
    "more police", "harsher sentences" ... etc without doing anything about the underlying problem of a whole nation that is infused with an anomic culture whether it is a dishonest domestic worker or directors "fixing" national commodity food prices.

So all we can do is raise our voices to expose these things. As Edmund Burke said - "for evil to triumph, it requires only that good men say nothing"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I had to look up the definition of anomic - I share just in case anyone else also didn't know it is a real word.
    1. Social instability caused by erosion of standards and values.
    2. Alienation and purposelessness experienced by a person or a class as a result of a lack of standards, values, or ideals
    Last edited by Dave A; 06-Jan-11 at 01:02 PM.

10. Thanks given for this post:

dcs (06-Jan-11)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I had to look up the definition of anomic - I share just in case anyone else also didn't know it is a real word.
    Perfect description of what is wrong with our country at the moment...

BOVER Technologies
    - computer sales and TeamViewer support
    Elmine Botha Freelance Photographer - Photographer/ Videographer

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast