Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Error messages that don't inspire confidence

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ivan, have you any idea why the WCA process is in such a mess?
    And if there are any plans to fix it?

I appreciate your offer to help, I really do. But it shouldn't take special measures - this should be routine stuff.

Thanks
    Hi Dave

Firstly I work for a company thats the alternate choice to WCA, we however only register companies that fall within the building and construction Industry.Its the exact same cost, just a way more efficient service, for eg our letter of good standing is valid for a year.

To answer your question , the Wca has always been in a mess as far as I can recall, and to be honest , after a meeting with them a few weeks ago, it seems unlikely that its gonna change anytime soon.Recently they have migrated to a new system(SAPS), which held up all assessments , letters of good standing etc.They are now further behind than usual, bearing in mind they fond of charging interest and late penalties for assessments that THEY have not yet processed.

Unless you are in the building, construction or mining industry in South Africa , you have no choice but to remain with the Compensation Fund.

Should you require a status check at the Fund to see the progress on your policy , feel free to contact me and I will try and assist.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    bearing in mind they fond of charging interest and late penalties for assessments that THEY have not yet processed.
    That's not a problem I've had come my way as yet, but I do notice I never get my no-claim bonus back despite submitting returns and paying assessments as they become due.

I don't see why the WCA client should be footing the bill for WCA's incapacity.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Are any other companies having problems with the Compensation Fund?

Our company has not received a statement of account for the year 2010 yet, all returns have been submitted.
    We regularly fax, try to telephone (A whole different story!), and send registered mail and receive no reply.

We have eventually transferred an estimated amount.
    They are going to charge 10% penalties and interest, and it is due to their incompetence that we will be forced to pay this.

We have hand delivered returns, but frequently they claim that we have not submitted a return.
    We have had courier companies deliver the returns, same problem.

When is something going to be done about this level of incompetence?

Surely by now there should be an internet site similar to SARS e-filing? to submit and control our accounts ourselves?

Yvonne

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne View Post
    When is something going to be done about this level of incompetence?
    Expect a new thread in the morning, Yvonne (this one isn't suitably optimised). I've certainly had enough.

Time to kick up a real stink, methinks.

Suspended
    Thanks
    dave...can you not do what i did...sent in the documents and certificates requires with workmans comp. certificate as...pending.

seems i wasnt the only one and there doesnt seem to be an issue with it as the main contractor understands our problem...or am i missing something?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That's not the point, murdock. Essentially business is being forced to bend standards to accomodate the department's incapacity. The department is under-performing badly, and it's getting worse.

Besides which, getting a letter of good standing is only one of many problems...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12