Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Affiliate Marketing in South Africa

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Affiliate Marketing in South Africa

We only have two giant affiliate companies in South Africa who are monopolizing underdeveloped industry.
    What recourse one have if you are not happy with the service/treatment you get from these giants?
    When you use their communication channels they take you from pillar to post.

Thanks
    Hi Thembadl, welcome to TFSA.

You obviously have a gripe, feel free to expand your first post and explain. I'm also fairly sure you might have a solution you're itching to tell us about :-)

Thanks
    Thank you AndyD
    I am only 8 months old in affiliate marketing. I am figuring out what is what and what is not. I have made some few hundreds during that time of which I have not seen a sent of it. While I was still fighting for my payment, my accounts got suspended. I have offered to cooperate with their investigations as their findings will also teach me good practices.
    The biggest challenge is that these Giants are only South African because they have sub-domains registered in South Africa. When I need to elevate my problem I have to call office oversees. Every time I talk to the next person he/she promises to comeback to me.
    As I said, I am new in this industry and I want to be a major player in it. I am still not sure of the legal or formal avenues of the industry. It looks like everyone can do as one pleases.
    I have legitimate claim on some of the commission they are holding as they are as a result of leads not clicks. If they end up playing this hide and seek, is there some sort of Ombudsman I can resort to?
    Hope this explains my question. I am avoiding being specific as I don't know legal implications like they regulate other media.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thembadl View Post
    I am only 8 months old in affiliate marketing. I am figuring out what is what and what is not. I have made some few hundreds during that time
    That must have raised a few eyebrows. I've found the conversion rate on local affiliate schemes absolutely pathetic, and most of the time the pay per conversion is pretty pathetic too.

Thanks
    We are looking for affiliate in south africa,anyone who want to sell the electronic products there, please contact me directly!

Thanks
    OP might be interested to know a third player has joined the game - Admarula.

Thanks
    I have tried to find the local SA affiliate website but failed. Then I found both clixgalore.com and shareasale are all acceptable there. Here I would introuduce two affiliate programs to you who are interested in making money online.

Make Money Online with the StarzMart Affiliate program Now!

ShareAsale.com Program:
    http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale...rchantID=33096
    Clixgalore.com Program:
    http://www.clixgalore.com/AffSelectP...dvProgID=13338

Thanks
    Thank you Dave A.
    Some times I see myself as a victim of my success. I set myself a target that once I started making money I will double my monthly income until it is not practical to do so. On my first month I made R57, the second month, R160, 3rd, R500, 4th, R1200 and the first week of 5th, R2 500.
    I started my website because I has +/- 7000 e-mail contacts, mine was to find the way to make money with that database. With spam restrictions and cost of e-mail marketing, I had to try many things myself spending long hours building. When I thought I got it, I get suspended.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well, your performance is way better than average!!! That must be some technique you've got.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thembadl View Post
    When I thought I got it, I get suspended.
    Have they given any reasons?

Thanks
    It is the power of social networks. I would think there is a grey area there because some campaigns says NO SOCIAL MARKETING. Sometimes you share something on Facebook and Facebook pools the banner/image that is not suppose to be marketed there.

No, there have not given me reasons for suspension.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast