Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Affiliate Marketing in South Africa

Thanks
    The problem was that I was using text links to promote campaigns that clearly stated BANNERS ONLY. Then my argument, in the forum, not with the companies, is what difference does it make because I did not mislead the consumer? I am not an advertising guru but my logic tells me that the venerable person that must be protected is the consumer.
    Why would I want to advertise www.phuzemthonjeni.com with the banner on CPC, why not CPM? My logic again, the aim is not to get clicks but to get impressions for free. There is nothing wrong with that as the customer is not short changed but I am. Why should I give a company free advertising on my website? That is working well where ads rotates like adsense or where product has a good conversion.
    From my short experience I have discovered that there are campaigns that are doing well with banners and others are doing well with text creative. I am also here to make money. Why give me nonperforming banners and texts, why I am not given a room to be creative with what is working for me because what is working for me will intern work for the advertiser? Of cause along universal rules of protecting the consumer.
    That is my logic, I will be grateful to be enlightened because I might be getting it all wrong.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thing is they set the terms of the offer - you decide whether to accept those terms or not. For example:
    Quote Originally Posted by Thembadl View Post
    Why would I want to advertise with the banner on CPC, why not CPM? ...the aim is not to get clicks but to get impressions for free. Why should I give a company free advertising on my website?
    If there isn't a call to action on the banner and it's paid on CPC, then don't market it. You're right - if it's a brand building banner it should be on CPM, but the choice to run the ad (or not) is the publishers.
    I am also here to make money. Why give me nonperforming banners and texts, why I am not given a room to be creative with what is working for me because what is working for me will intern work for the advertiser?
    Because it's too easy to encourage clicks for the wrong reasons, which won't work for the advertiser, or the rest of the food chain either in the long run.

Ultimately there are reasons for non-performing ads. They're either
    • bad ads
    • not relevant to the page content
    • advertising bad or unpopular products
    • have lousy ad placement

If you're running them, are any of those problems the advertiser's fault?
    Last edited by Dave A; 13-Dec-10 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks

Thank you Dave

Thank you Dave. Yes, it was my lack of understanding of the system.

Email problem
    Thanks
    i have looong ago given up on "local" networks (which are just branches of overseas networks, as you stated correctly)...

for me...

own products...

and then payspree and paydotcom.

we have paypal access now - so no more endless waiting for cheques

Thanks
    We are looking for affiliate in south africa,anyone who want to sell the electronic products there, please contact me directly!

Thanks
    OP might be interested to know a third player has joined the game - Admarula.

Thanks
    I have tried to find the local SA affiliate website but failed. Then I found both clixgalore.com and shareasale are all acceptable there. Here I would introuduce two affiliate programs to you who are interested in making money online.

Make Money Online with the StarzMart Affiliate program Now!

ShareAsale.com Program:
    http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale...rchantID=33096
    Clixgalore.com Program:
    http://www.clixgalore.com/AffSelectP...dvProgID=13338

Thanks
    How do you feel about merchants payout to affiliates? Do you think it is worth the effort?
    Last edited by Dave A; 14-Oct-13 at 12:56 PM.

Thanks
    The problem was that I was using text links to promote campaigns that clearly stated BANNERS ONLY. Then my argument, in the forum, not with the companies, is what difference does it make because I did not mislead the consumer?

Why would I want to advertise www.phuzemthonjeni.com with the banner on CPC, why not CPM? My logic again, the aim is not to get clicks but to get impressions for free.
    I remember i had the same thoughts when i started. I believe if it is a CPC add, then it shouldn't matter if you use a banner or a text link to send traffic to the advertiser. As long as it is not misleading. Because if you are running a CPC campaign then it means you want clicks from people that might be interested in your product. A text link is normally more personal than a banner and might lead to higher conversation rates i think. i have not tested this, it just a theory.

Whereas, as you said, if you are running a CPM to get impressions for building your brand then BANNER ONLY ads make sense.

I think that is something that should be looked at by the South African affiliate networks.

SA Affiliate Networks Offerforge/Trafic Synergy are so quick to jump on there horns, but do little to assist and develop there affiliates. Anyways i have not done
    any affiliate marketing for them for a couple of years and don't know if things have changed.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi All,

Follow to this discussion i would like to introduce Public Ideas Affiliate platform. We have recently opened an office in Cape Town to launch our activities on the South African market.

At the moment we are launching different campaigns on Dating, travel & insurance sectors.
    We can provide dynamic banners, voucher codes and an kitmails.

Here is the link to register directly on our platform and have access to the campaigns :
    http://za.publicideas.com/publishers/

Warm regards !

Antoine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12