Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bad contractors

Thanks
    I can see why this would be a tempting way to go but I'm not comfortable with the tiling shop taking what is no doubt a large percentage and not bringing anything of real value into the equation. If the tiles started lifting after a couple of weeks would they accept responsibility seeing as the job was done with their products and their approved labour? I doubt it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    If the tiles started lifting after a couple of weeks would they accept responsibility seeing as the job was done with their products and their approved labour? I doubt it.
    If the contract is between the client and the tile supplier including the installation, then surely the tile supplier would be accountable. The fact that the tiling guys used subcontractors shouldn't be the client's problem.

Thanks
    In a way the tiling shop is acting in the capacity we were discussing in the beginning of the thread. Someone holding the money for both parties, having a measure of control and getting paid for it.
    I had no problems yet with the tiling so cannot comment on any guarantees. I think that part of the system is that if a tiler would make a mess, he would be taken off from their panel!
    And they do take a fairly large chunk, but it is still worh my while and that of the tiler!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123