Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colbrite Solvents technical persons shouts F*CK YOU at me over the phone

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Colbrite Solvents technical persons shouts F*CK YOU at me over the phone

I've been having problems with the thinners that we use for spray painting. We've always used Colbrite thinners and its always worked extremely well. The last couple of litres caused the clear laquer to go hazy white. So I phone up Colbrite in Cape Town and explain the problem to their technical guy. While I'm trying to explain the problem the guy keeps interrupting me. The more I asked him to listen to me the more aggressive he got. so after going back and forth with this for a couple of minutes I say to him that he is wasting my time. This guy shouts F*CK YOU and puts the phone down.

Uh, ok...So I phone them up and and ask them to speak to the owner...And lo and behold, who is a director...

A German employee overheard this lot, simply smiled and said: Only in South Africa....

Thanks
    Darn it !!! Colbrite just lost another customer. Shows you how important customer relations can be.

As far as I have it, if you have the time, you can actually make a criminal case of Crimen Injuria against this guy.
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    You know, I do understand that people get frustrated and lose their cool, we all do, but there are limits. Doesn't matter how the wife or kids pi$$ you off, you simply never hit them, and by the same token, you don't swear at your customers.

I've taken the thinners & clear laquer to another company and we did some comparative tests, alternate products do not create the same problems. I was told that there is probably a problem with the mix of the batch of thinners that I got. According to the supplier the Acetone content is too high.

4. Thanks given for this post:

desA (01-Dec-10)

Thanks
    Vote with your feet. Never, ever give them another chance at your business.

Write them a letter explaining the treatment you received & precisely why you will never deal with them again - under any circumstances.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I phoned them this morning and I was told that the person who swore at me is the owner of the business.

...Ja well no fine....

Writing letters seems to be rather pointless.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I phoned them this morning and I was told that the person who swore at me is the owner of the business.

...Ja well no fine....

Writing letters seems to be rather pointless.
    All in all, looking at your posts of yesterday and today........you are not having a great week !

Don't worry, there is always next week to look forward to when you get your delivery from the new supplier.
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Ag no, I don't really give a S... It's all in a days work. Thanks for the sentiment though...

Nothing that a couple of beers can't cure :-)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Not sure this helps either, though:
    Quote Originally Posted by desA View Post
    Write them a letter explaining the treatment you received & precisely why you will never deal with them again - under any circumstances.
    Never is a long time. Tell them you're never coming back and it does nothing more than validate their f*ck you attitude.

The win would be an unconditional apology and way more respect in the future (as well as rectifying the original cause of the problem, of course).

I hate burning bridges, especially permanently. Leave them with something left to lose, no matter how remote the prospects of your future custom might be right now.

Thanks
    Wise words!

BOVER Technologies
    - computer sales and TeamViewer support
    Elmine Botha Freelance Photographer - Photographer/ Videographer

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Bad attitude? Well I had some “really bad” experiences with a computer reseller. So now when I go to their shop I grab what I need don’t ask for assistance and just pay my money. Because the technician and shop owner has a bad attitude I don’t talk to them at all.

But when they are giving advice to a customer, then I will just say to that customer > If I were you I would get a second opinion...”

They absolutely HATE that... But I don’t mind it at all.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast