Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colbrite Solvents technical persons shouts F*CK YOU at me over the phone

Suspended
    Thanks
    how about sending him an email and giving him the opitunity to give his side of the story?

i have told a few customers to go ..&*%^...themselves....but have good reason....without going into details....1 because ofyears of verbal abuse telling me i dont know what i am doing etc...i dont stand for it anymore...i dont work for a boss and will not torerate customers just speaking to me in any manner they choose fit.

another using me and telling me they will see me right on the next contract and you bust your butt on the next project finish the job well within contract price...time etc and they come again with the same tune.....they lost money and there was no profit and they will see me right on the next contract...you must cut your price (so they can buy a new jetski or something)..i just got to a point where the fool is driving a R600 000 motor vehicle living in a 5 million rand house and everytime you see them they are crying about how they are battling...and there no money and he works late nights and weekends..........if you are a sub conractor beware of these Aholes...they get rich at your expense...i told all them i was sub contracting to to go ^&*% themselves...i dont TURNOVER the kind of money i use to but hey...i make less money but get to spend time with my family which is worth more to me than any amount of money...i have had these people try contact me asking me to please do more projects for them

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I call them users, like you I do a lot of contracting jobs, fixing stuff but when it comes to payment there are always these excuses... So yes I too get nasty. Yes you do get less work then normal but honestly you don’t lose any money.

It has been my experience that If I don’t work for doggy people then I get paid... So my risk factor goes down to almost zero.

Sadly there is a lot of activity lately, big companies taking our work away from us small contractors so life is difficult at the moment.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    We all have bad customers and I for one can certainly be a k_k customer myself.

...but...

As I said before, there are limits to our behaviour, and yes, I have also stripped my mo_r. I think that when one deals with a customer you need to be diplomatic. Even if the guy is an ahole, you still want his custom and his goodwill. I will rather concede an argument (within reason) than have a customer running around bad mouthing me. Its a matter of picking your battles (I am getting better at it)

I agree with Dave, its better just to let it slide and write it off to the guy having a bad day. (I'm always in a terrible mood on Monday morning - I find this to be the best day to lie low, or to tackle the people that really deserve to get whipped - Tele-sales people generally get the brunt of it)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Agreed everyone will have a bad-day I for one is really one of those people that can’t help myself, if someone does me wrong “normally” I will do anything to give that person absolute hell. People do it to me so why not pay them back in kind.

That being said, if you do business with that company again, and you must speak to that person just ask for someone else. And if no one else is available then handle that person in the coldest most professional way possible. Not overseeing any mistake, no matter how small.

Or you can do what I personally cannot do, and that is to forget about it and life goes on...

me->
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    No matter how bad the day, a company executive does not swear at a client. Period.

In my lifetime - never, means never. Colbrite would get no further business from me. Period.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Email problem
    Thanks
    And all-in-all, what I find amusing is that it is this thread that ranks number 1 for the Colbrite Solvents in Google.co.za

I guess this better punishment for a business than any letter writing IMO. Shooting your self in the foot; Dave, I do agree.

Pardon the ramble,
    -Jan

Thanks
    LOL...
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Watching the ships passing by.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JanvandeMerwe View Post
    And all-in-all, what I find amusing is that it is this thread that ranks number 1 for the Colbrite Solvents in Google.co.za

I guess this better punishment for a business than any letter writing IMO. Shooting your self in the foot; Dave, I do agree.
    -Jan
    This serves as a very good example and I actually got all my sales personnel to have a look at this thread and it hopefully sank in.
    Just imagine, somebody does a search on your company and the very first entry comes up with this.
    It is said that revenge is sweet and Adrian , you are getting yours now !
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Email problem
    Thanks
    Great that you are showing this to your people Daveob.

I think it is important to remember too that whenever we put something in writing, be it a forum post or an email approaching another company, we are making our words public. Those words can be posted on the Internet, forwarded to friends, or even competing businesses that would love to take some of your market share. In many cases, these words can become the sole representation of every employee in the organization and the values it stands for too.

Moral of the story; whenever we are communicating it can be quoted and either help the brand or damage the brand.

Seems like Colbrite does not mind damaging it.

Pardon the ramble.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12