Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why it is so important to check your electricity meter

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well if the municipality is above the law then surly they can do whatever they want. See right now our government doesn’t really care if someone was overcharged. The pure lack of service is a real factor.

So start complaining in the newspapers and on television even radio. If that doesn’t work then you’re only alternative would be a summons. And if the charges are criminal in nature and mister or misses manager doesn’t show up the court can legally arrest them detain them and keep them in prison for the duration of the tribunal.

So your job as a South African citizen is to report crime it is required by law that you must report a crime fact is you are legally obligated to do so. It comes down to pure will power and determination.

I stand to be corrected on this but as far as I know if a case is criminal in nature then government will pursue the case in question on your behalf thus you don’t pay anything. I don’t know if this is true or not but your lawyer will know so ask him/her for advice.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    teco when last did you spend some time in a south african court?

i dont see...hear or speak of any evil...i dont have the patients to waste time going to court anymore....after the last case i promised the procecutor that he would never see me as a witness in court ever in my life time...the security gaurd who was beating the robber with a shambok in one hand and a loaded firearm in his hand and discharged it in public...the bullet missed me by about 30 cm...after 6 visists to court as a witness for the case...which i arrived on time waited for 3 - 5 hours on each occassion to be told that the case had been moved forward a couple months...on the 7 th occassion i didnt bother going to court and my luck yes they decided to go ahead with it...so at 1300 that day i got a call asking where i was...and why i wasnt at court...i told them to go fly a kite...so they issued a warrent for my arrest for contemptive court...i was taken to court...the case was thrown out of court...never again.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well it is as it stands. See people know the court system is not working but nobody has the balls to protest it. So live with it. But when you are wronged and the law system is crappy don’t cry about it because you and everyone else that couldn’t have been bothered to change it, didn’t change it.

See people want to get angry if someone is murdered, or when the court makes a wrong decision but nobody will take the time to try and change it.

It is too much work to appeal to the lawmakers, it takes too much time to go to the newspapers in masses and demand change. If it is not easy then people don’t do it.

All I say is: this is your world you and others with the same attitude made it so now live in it...

Please don’t misunderstand me I mean no disrespect. I do understand your frustration. But if everyone in South Africa demands that the court-system must change then it WILL change. Change is possible but the question is; how badly do people want it?
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    you right...i just couldnt be bothered anymore...like the crime the electrical industry etc...i cant see it getting any better anytime soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12