I'd like to know if there's any legal fundi who can provide any insight on this matter.

Here is the set of facts:

1. I, along with some other people, belonged to a tennis club.

2. Aforementioned tennis club is wound up due to lack of members/funding.

3. The decision of the committee is to distribute any remain funds in the club's possession to the new tennis clubs which each existing member has moved to, TO BE APPLIED TOWARDS THAT MEMBER'S SUBS. (The letter to each of the respective clubs clearly states this.)

4. The club to which I and a few others have moved has, upon receipt of the funds from our old club, refused to credit our subs and decided to use the money towards repairs around the club.

Can anybody advise me as to what our legal position is regarding this situation? Sounds like a case of unjust enrichment if you ask me. I'm no lawyer though!

Either way, I think it's grossly unfair and unethical practice by the club.

Why on earth can they not just credit our subs and then use the funds for whatever they please? We don't mind what the cash gets used for, but it needs to be applied towards our subs first.

Also, just a point of interest, the amount received by the club is about 1 year's worth of subscriptions per player (R1200).

Help?