Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worst Case Scenario

Thanks
    Thanks Dave, absolutely agree with you!
    What he mentioned which is really interesting to me and may well be a positive spin-off, is the fact that the comunity is taking over some highly needed functions.
    The million dollar question is probably how long we and the country can keep all this up!
    A guy in Zambia once said to me that the whites in Zambia are called 'Ifwe's' - 'If we only had this or that', the guys in Zimbabwe (it was still good times in Zimbabwe) were called 'whenwe's' - when we were Rhodesia, and the South Africans are called 'soweto's' - so where to now!
    I do think it might be a good idea to look at opportunities in neighbouring countries who have gone through their revolutions and see white people as an asset - perhaps to have a foot in the door if things suddenly take a turn for the worse. (Keeping in mind that a functioning South Africa is also the basis of their economies!)
    I would hate to have seen the writing on the wall, but left it too late to take action.
    Thanks for your input
    Last edited by Retha; 02-Dec-10 at 11:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    The answer to all this is to vote the Government out of office. The ANC relies on the uneducated masses to keep it in power. These very people who bear the brunt of the bungling by the authorities are in a large part poorly educated and misinformed. They are hungry and desperate and grasp any promises made to them at election time. When Zuma stands up at an ANC meeting in Mpumalanga and tells the audience that their ancestors will know if they do not vote for the ANC troubles me greatly. He is clever and cunning and knows what strings to pull in the black psyche.

The question I have asked before is whether the ANC would accept defeat in an election graciously. I doubt it!!

Butch Hannan

Thanks
    In Africa anything goes. The world is a very unsafe place, but in Africa things can change very suddenly. There is no respect for life, and power and money is the god that is served, making everything subservient thereto. The masses are used as pawns and he who gets the hearts of the masses (makes the most creative promises) wins.
    I believe you get strong leaders and you get good leaders, that is not the same. A strong leader may be chosen above a good leader and that goes for all peoples, not only the uneducated, or specific races, or whatever.
    Makes you feel quite helpless - especially as you know you can also be duped!
    I would just like to have as many options open as possible, so as to try and be ready for whatever may come - and I want to make sense of what is not being said, but surfaces every now and then.
    It is difficult to know, however. In Poland a family tried to escape the war. Only one survived, and when that person got back to their family estate, the war never touched it! - they would have been safe there!
    There must be a balance about not worrying about the future, but still planning for contingencies - wish I could find it!:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12