Thread: drivers license renewal

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Suspended
    Thanks

drivers license renewal

yip the time finally came and went guess what after the one reminder...due to my busy schedule i didnt make it...not because i didnt want to do it...but rather because the thought of sitting in long ques for hours and money i have to waste again...

i cannot for the life of me understand why they dont employ more people...always telling us that the umemployment rate is so high...yet simple things like goverment services are shocking...its not like they dont have the money....considering they are turning over more than R30 000 a day in one licensing department in one suburb times that by all the centres...lets just say there were only 10 thats over R300 000 a day times that by 5 then 4.33 and you will get the idea...its millions a month.

if you you do renew by the due date it is simple...

you dont need photos...there is a camera which takes your pic
    you dont need to have your eyes tested...they do it it
    thumb print...done by them

all you need is your ID document...the joke is your drivers license issued by them is not a valid form of identification
    R205.00 cash
    and lots of patience...

however....if you dont renew your license by the date it expires you will have to pay an additional R 70 for a temp license and
    you will need to get 2 black and white photos...which cost an addtional R25.00 for 2 at a container on the premises...
    so dont say you werent warned...

just another note
    if you do the license renewal "within 2 months" before the expiry date it will be valid from the date of your exsisiting license not 2 months earlier.

2. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (22-Nov-10)