Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drivers license renewal

Suspended
    Thanks

drivers license renewal

yip the time finally came and went guess what after the one reminder...due to my busy schedule i didnt make it...not because i didnt want to do it...but rather because the thought of sitting in long ques for hours and money i have to waste again...

i cannot for the life of me understand why they dont employ more people...always telling us that the umemployment rate is so high...yet simple things like goverment services are shocking...its not like they dont have the money....considering they are turning over more than R30 000 a day in one licensing department in one suburb times that by all the centres...lets just say there were only 10 thats over R300 000 a day times that by 5 then 4.33 and you will get the idea...its millions a month.

if you you do renew by the due date it is simple...

you dont need photos...there is a camera which takes your pic
    you dont need to have your eyes tested...they do it it
    thumb print...done by them

all you need is your ID document...the joke is your drivers license issued by them is not a valid form of identification
    R205.00 cash
    and lots of patience...

however....if you dont renew your license by the date it expires you will have to pay an additional R 70 for a temp license and
    you will need to get 2 black and white photos...which cost an addtional R25.00 for 2 at a container on the premises...
    so dont say you werent warned...

just another note
    if you do the license renewal "within 2 months" before the expiry date it will be valid from the date of your exsisiting license not 2 months earlier.

2. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (22-Nov-10)

Suspended
    Thanks
    now here the big question....what happens if you have an accident the day after your license expired...will the insurnace company pay out...you know these people they dont pay out if your tyre is 0.0005 below the legal tread limit even if you are parked at a stop street and you get hit from the back

what is the fine if you get caught driving without a temp license...during that 2 months it takes them to issue you a new license?

Thanks

LAPSED LICENCE

Hi Murdock

The Insurance industry has taken a decision NOT to decline a claim "just" because your licence is expired.

IE If your licence will be renewed with NO problem, you can get a temp licence and send it to them.

HOWEVER - if it is expired, and the Authorities decide NOT to renew it (say, your eyesight is too poor) you COULD have a problem!

Suspended
    Thanks
    my license expired on sunday and i went and applied for a new one on monday morning...i was told i have to pay an extra R70 for a temp license and get 2 black and white photos...i decided not to get a temp one...my concern is if i have an accident what will happen...wil the isurance pay out...is there a fine if you are one day late and decide not to get a temp license and if so what is the fine?

the license is still valid for 3 months after your license expires...if you reapply on or before the date of expiry.

the next question would be if you are out the country for an extended period more than 6 months and your license expires during that period what would you have to do to renew it?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Why over complicate? If you know that you are going to be out of the country for more than six months then surely you will apply for a new licence before you go out of the county? And is R70 really that expensive?

A temp keeps you out of trouble, it helps with insurance? Why the hell would you want to save R70 knowing that it WILL help you?

Look if this was your TV licence then yes why the hell must we have a licence to own a TV? The entertainment value on SABC is really bad so why pay it? AND not to mention that your money pay for some high-roller manager or CEO expenses?

Car licence I get TV licence I don’t get. Seriously it is only R70? And it will save you how much if you get into an accident? A few thousand...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    If your TV license expires whilst you're out of the country you would probably arrive back to an arrest warrant and get lifted by SAPS at the arrivals lounge. I think I would rather risk my Driving license expiring.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    If your TV license expires whilst you're out of the country you would probably arrive back to an arrest warrant and get lifted by SAPS at the arrivals lounge. I think I would rather risk my Driving license expiring.
    sad but true...

peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    For the first time to get the license, how much should you pay for it?
    is there any training for the freshman?

Thanks

EXPIRED LICENCE

If you are caught driving without valid licence fine is R500.

And with the number of promised roadblocks over December that is a virtual certainty.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robinsonwang View Post
    For the first time to get the license, how much should you pay for it?
    is there any training for the freshman?
    Good question. Last I heard getting your driver's licence was a real circus. Queues, months of delays between booking and getting a test done, bribes.

Has it improved much recently?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast