Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When Is The Next Forum SA Get Together?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by garthu View Post
    You have to attend every meeting or send a rep if you cant. Theres a meet every week.
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    the real commitment is that weekly meeting.
    That was my biggest concern as well, and they're sticky on it too. At the meeting I went to, one member was apologising for not being able to attend the next meeting. You should have seen the look she got, and back came the question "why not?"

I'm kinda past that sort of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    I am told printers do really well out of it.
    It was a printer that told you that, of course

Just heard too many pitches over the years, I guess.

Truth is every business, big or small, needs printers - so there's every chance of there being good business there, Ian.
    My problem is the nature of my niche target markets. As a result, the "only one member per industry per chapter" actually works against me.

Anyway - I raised BNI not to air my reservations, but because I like the basic format of the meeting and strategy for keeping costs right down.

(For the record, overall I think BNI is a pretty good concept).
    Last edited by Dave A; 25-Nov-10 at 02:12 PM.

Suspended
    Thanks
    so what do you actually achieve by attending these meeting?

why i am asking is i have never attended or ven heard of this kind of thing.

by the way considering i am heading for my 20 th year in bussiness in 2 months time...what are the stats for people making to 20 years...if 5 years is only 5 %?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Truth is every business, big or small, needs printers - so there's every chance of there being good business there, Ian.
    My problem is the nature of my niche target markets. As a result, the "only one member per industry per chapter" actually works against me.
    Dave that is true but there are a bucketload of printers out there. The way I understand the concept is not so much the business amongst the group it is the referrals, so the graphic designer will say use this printer he knows what he is doing. They have a system that tracks referrals and a feedback system so if others complain about you, you can be kicked out. Whether it works for niche businesses I wouldn't be able to answer. But still mulling this as the weekly meetings could be a problem. I got asked about a framer yesterday but I can't recommend anyone as I don't know what there work is like. I would only recommend if I knew they do a good job consistently.

Anyway how do the others increase their word of mouth exposure?
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Murdock

In todays economic climate i do believe that any advantage the SME can get over large corporations must be seen as a plus

Not everyone has the Advertising budget that these large Corporations have to enable a Brand name to become a topic in the course of a conversation relating to that specific type of business

Hence Networking was Introduced, to enable SME'S to interact with one another with minimal costs to either parties, thereby forming relationships with one another and referals forwarded to the relevant parties, typical example , We are watching the Lions winning the Super 15 final 2011 ( Hooray) , one of your party watching the game with you mentions that he need his house painted, you have been Networking with Dave from XYS Coatings, you have seen his work and you know that you can recommend him, Hey Pesto, Dave has another job

Myself having been in my own Business for over 30 years together with my Partner and are always looking for ways to increase our circle of clients and friends, bearing in mind that the original concept to generate business was to Doorknock , mailshots, Flyers etc, I have over the years always believed that "Word of mouth" was the best and fastest way to increase your client base

When you join a Networking Group and Invites are sent out to attend at a certain venue, i believe they should be on a volantary basis, Like the networking group i attend,( 25 to 30 people) there is no signon membership fee, only a R50.00 "Pay at the door",of course a person can't expect to attend one meeting and not go back again and then expect to get spinoff, like everything else, persistance is the name of the game

thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123