Hi Guys.

So now that I've passed honours, I need to start considering, planning and getting my future started.
The first step is now to get a proper bank account, as at the moment I'm using a student account from FNB
and the second they see a salary going in, I'll lose the account ... not to mention the student account
is not building any credit ratings for me or anything.

I have looked at 2 options so far.

The 1st is an Investec Account which will cost me R200 per month and includes all transactional fees. I have
heard the are very good if I need a home loan or a car loan or something. The one thing I really like is the
ability to create up to 20 free cash management accounts to put money aside and still have access to it for
short term savings. I think it also includes fees of withdrawing at any ATM.

The 2nd is an FNB Platinum Cheque Account, which will cost me R99 per month and includes all transactional fees
(I think it includes the cost of the credit card as well). As far as I know, I can create 1 free cash management account.
If I withdraw at any other ATM other than FNB, it will cost R32 to withdraw (FNB ATM is free)

What would you guys recommend as a good bank account for me to get started with as I begin my articles? I would like
to build a good credit rating, receive preferential rates for a future home loan, and possibly car loan down the line.

Is Investec worth the double the price monthly fee? (I believe it's R275 if you're not doing articles.)

Are there any other accounts I should consider.

Just one thing to keep in mind, is that after my pilots license, I plan to save for another 6 months to 1 year, and buy an
appartment when I move out instead of renting ... but that's a discussion for another topic ... but hence why I'd like to get
good credit ratings, etc.

Regards

Itai