Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Playing silly pluggers

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    My girls do have special kid phones that can only dial about 5 numbers (no sms, camera, internet, nothing)
    I should get one of those for the wife when her upgrade is due. Should put a stop to those annoying 'please call me's' when she runs out of talk time.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    I should get one of those for the wife when her upgrade is due. Should put a stop to those annoying 'please call me's' when she runs out of talk time.
    When you've got daughters, probably sons too (but I have no experience of that), you soon learn that any airtime you buy them is reserved for speaking to their friends. ON NO ACCOUNT is such airtime to be used for calling parents. That's what Please Call Me's are for.

And it gets expensive when daughters turn 18, because you're not going to be happy if they're being driven around by some spotty boyfriend who wants to impress them by showing off, and, of course, isn't good enough for them anyway. So you have to buy them a car. Not just any old secondhand rustbucket like the ones we had when we were kids, because it might break down and these days that isn't too safe. So you end up buying them each a brand new car when they turn 18.

...and then they decide they want a university education and your soul has now been mortgaged to your bank manager.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @Wrinkly - my daughters are 10 & 12 ....eish...

I had the "What it means to have a gay brother in law" coversation with them last week. Hmmmm...we talked about uncle(s) 1 & 2 holding hands, sleeping in the same bed even snogging...thankfully we didn't have to discuss the detailed workings of the birds & the birds...

Yes, I was that spotty little sh_t 25 years ago...so I know what he's about (needs a fat slap to the ear)...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234