Thread: emails and contracts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Suspended
    Thanks

emails and contracts

a few things to consider when deciding on an email address or cellphone number

if you have a contract with a company be it cellphone...telkom etc you have to consider this in you decide to move for what ever reason you have to change numbers and your email address.

i am so tired of contracts...hence the reason i have aprepaid cellphone no billing confusion...double debits etc...and a gmail address...why because it is free and i can access it from any computer anywhere in the world.

the only thing i need to sort out now is a prepaid sim card which i can insert into my laptop 3 G and leave it there for a couple of years without having to take it out to make one paid call at least ever 2 months...other wise i have to have the rica done again every 3 months...any ideas?

you got to think to yourself it is a clever way to bind people in a contract or service...offer free emails they register then use the email but if they decide to move they have to change the email address...so sometimes it is just easier to stay with the company.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    a few things to consider when deciding on an email address or cellphone number

if you have a contract with a company be it cellphone...telkom etc you have to consider this in you decide to move for what ever reason you have to change numbers and your email address.
    you got to think to yourself it is a clever way to bind people in a contract or service...offer free emails they register then use the email but if they decide to move they have to change the email address...so sometimes it is just easier to stay with the company.
    Well Murdock, I sit with the same............I originally opened an account with an ISP and got my email addresses and started to use these.
    Now other ISPs have come along with MUCH cheaper rates and I have changed to them for access BUT I have to keep on paying the old ISP a monthly rate just to host the email addresses for me as I cannot afford, business wise, to lose the addresses.
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Stop torturing yourself.
    • Send out a notice to everyone on your contact list.
    • Update on your website - or have a contact link.
    • Set a mail forwarder on the old email account to your new account.
    • Set an auto response on the old email account to any incoming messages that your email address has changed (unless you're getting a lot of spam making it through the spam filter - they'll probably find your new email address eventually, but why make it easy).
    • Cancel with the old ISP.

Once the service kicks out, most times the sender will get a service delivery error report - so they'll know there's a problem with the old email address. (OK, there's a few that don't seem to send error reports of late).

And if it's important, and you don't respond, any client worthy of you will try to contact you by other means.

Finally - if you leave it, your "problem" is only going to drag on.

When I dropped netactive - one month of queries and "pain" and it was over.

4. Thanks given for this post:

Martinco (11-Nov-10)

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.