Thread: City & Guilds 2391....SAQUA

Thanks

City & Guilds 2391....SAQUA

Greetings..
    Just a quick question on this one. Has anyone had SAQUA look at the C&G 2391. If so what did they conclude??
    Can it be a substitute for the Unit Standard??
    Many thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IP4X View Post
    Greetings..
    Just a quick question on this one. Has anyone had SAQUA look at the C&G 2391. If so what did they conclude??
    Can it be a substitute for the Unit Standard??
    Many thanks
    Huh ? Excuse my ignorance.........what are we talking about ?
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Suspended
    Thanks
    he must be talking about the testing and verification of standards...

Thanks
    "Hmmmmm. I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm
    not sure that what you heard is what I actually meant!"

Your signature says it all .
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinco View Post
    Huh ? Excuse my ignorance.........what are we talking about ?
    I think he wants to know if the UK City and Guilds certification is recognised in SA as exemption from local qualifications.

Hi IP4X,

As far as I know SAQA doesn't recognise the 2391 qualification as an automatic replacement for its own unit standards. I imagine this is because the 2391 is based on the BS7671 whereas the SAQA unit standard is based on the SANS0142. I would recommend you confirm this with them directly however as their guidelines do change regularly. You can contact them here.
    http://www.saqa.org.za/show.asp?incl...ut/contact.htm

Good luck.
    Last edited by AndyD; 05-Nov-10 at 12:38 AM.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    SAQA originally claimed they would "acknowledge" international accreditation.

But this does not provide automatic accreditation. Regardless of the creditability of the International Accreditation Training, even bodies connected to an industry. Therefore the highest International Standards, they ultimately "expect" all the material etc. to be altered to the standards they have published.
    Regardless of whether it makes any sense or not!!!!!
    They actually have the audacity to feel "superior" to International Accreditation.

Prior Learning in some industries is recognised, so someone seeking proof of credibility of their foreign training can either go the long route of trying to provide all SETA/SAQA ask for, and experience the highest level of frustration possible, or try to find an SAQA Accredited training provider who offers prior learning examination and assessment.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Hi there, can confirm, that SAQA recognise the 2391 but will give you no extra credit for it. They will mention it on your SAQA certificate, if your getting all your other UK qualifications asessed. Even though though the 2391 is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY more involved than the joke of a unit standard,(sorry, but it is in comparison) its counts for nothing against the unit standard you have to do here. You still have to do your little portfolio of testing or find somewhere here where you can do testing in simulated conditions(which you will pay but it is a lot quicker than trying to put together a portfolio).
    There are quite a few place here that have worked out that they can make money by charging you to do the unit standards required because you want that licence. If you have your 2391 you'll breeze through it and wonder why you had to waste your money on doing a pretty simple testing course. (sorry if this offends)

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.