When someone attacks a person like that, then that person needs facts. If that person doesn’t have any facts then he/ she better write a public apology very quickly. If it was me, I would go all the way. The fact is slandering is a very serious matter in this country.

Don’t hesitate, get your witnesses, collect statements and build your case. Seriously credibility is connected to your name, your business your family and your friends. If you let this go then the slandering will only escalate.

Fact is you need to stop this wile you still have “nothing to lose” because when you start losing it will probably be too late and you will sit with the consequences.

These people want to glorify themselves at your cost.
They want to take your clients and convince them that your work is questionable.
They want to get you out of the picture so that they can profit from the situation.

I am sure once they see that you are building a case and that you are taking them to court and they are criminally charged, they would want to talk to you because they will stand to lose a lot of money, credibility and face possible prison time.

I think they would like to negotiate with you before things gets to serious.

In my opinion, doing nothing is the worst thing you can do in this situation.