Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pastel Accounting software won't run on Vista

Thanks
    OK the download is fixed now, quickly tested it, and it now takes 37 seconds with the look & feel you are used to. At least this is forcing us to get the website done!! Not that I am doing it....

Dave,Dave, at your age loading sample data should be the highlight of your day

Seriously, sample data will be looked at next, the motivation behind having no data was actually to give you the chance to get a feel for the system. We really considered this at the outset, as I am not one to sit and waste time either, but the benefits of having no data outweighed the time spent entering data. We are the herd nerd, so our input might not be valid when it comes to this point.

But since soooome people out there have to go skydiving, cliff hanging, riding sharks bare-back, we will provide the test data

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well, hopefully you don't mind the feedback
    It's a way to refine the product

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alta Murray View Post
    OK the download is fixed now, quickly tested it, and it now takes 37 seconds with the look & feel you are used to.
    Alta
    I downloaded the package and it looks good, like most packages you do need to do some planning when you set it up. An example is numbering your expense accounts. Do you have a facility to import bank statements?
    I currently use Econoacounting which suits me the biggest advantages for me is downloading Banks statements and posting from there. Also the auto allocate so bank charges etc. are posted when importing the bank statement. Account numbers are not used in inputting only account names. You just allocate the account type when you add an account. What I don't like is no recurring journals but I haven't looked hard. It is more suited to the smaller business which I am rather than a bigger business.
    Good luck with this and enjoy writing the manual.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    No, I love the feedback, it is essential to view something from the end-user's perspective, so I value every single opinion, but couldn't resist teasing you.

Please note that I did not develop this system, but after evaluating the accounting packages out there, it was my choice to launch and interact my diagnostics system with *this* particular business accounting system as I evaluated with data integrity in mind and connectivity abilities with T-Speed. I also looked at the reputation this system had and adaptibility is a great issue with me. But that remains the nerd view, so I am very, very grateful for every single morsel of input.

Thanks
    Hi Ian,

Thank you so much for your review, and I will reply fully later. But just quicky, it does have recurring journals, and the system is currently in use by companies with a turnover of between 8 - 12 million per month, with branches either over the world, or SA and other regions of Southern Africa. But it also runs with attorneys, accountants down to a one-man-band.

However, we will be the first to tell you, if you are happy with what you have, don't scratch where it doesn't itch Will come back to importing bank statements.....and numbering accounts.

But thank you again for your input, and boy did I need a reliable print shop last week!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234