Thread: Digital pens

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Digital pens

Anyone use or know of people using digital pens and potential problems.
    I am thinking of getting one. My needs are basic - at disciplinary hearing make notes and tehn need to type up report, thats it. Will need to be able to edit becuase use shorthand and abbreviations.
    Any recomendatiosn or things to watch out for?
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The problem with digital pens is that you have to download the data off it, keep track of which note belongs where, doodles freak its brain & if you were to remeber something like "the wife wants me to collect milk" that note also gets written into the pen inbetween your formal notes.

I personally think that a tablet pc is much better. One of those where you flip the screen over and hold it portrait. This way you can file the text directly into your wordprocessor / diary. You see what you write & you can edit if need be. I've seen tablet style netbooks, they are small & not to pricey.

3. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (30-Sep-10), sterne.law@gmail.com (01-Oct-10)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I have used the tablet pc and found it extremely user friendly. I have not used a digital pen but they do look interesting.

Thanks
    Been using MS OneNote in similar situations and during project meetings. It is helpful especially when you record the meeting and then make notes in between as OneNote keeps track of the position of exactly where in the recording the notes where made.
    Roelof Vermeulen (Entrepreneurship in large organizations)
    Roelof Vermeulen| Rock flaps south africa

6. Thanks given for this post:

sterne.law@gmail.com (01-Oct-10)

Thanks
    I hear they are using tablets on archeological digs and saving a huge amount of time because of the copy function.
    Every time they uncover a new layer they copy the previous and add the new instead of redrawing the whole dig everytime!
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    And what pen or tablet are you using, Chatmaster?
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

Suspended
    Thanks
    I have been looking at the new apple ipad...with all the features...wifi...3 g etc

a couple of months ago i purchased an accer aspire one full house netbook...after reading reviews etc i managed to find one with led full hd screen...3 gbuilt in...wireless lan...bluetooth...dolby headphone...7 hours battery life and it lasts about 6 and half hours of continous use...the only thing i was bummed about was the atom 570 proccessor but for what i use it for...i am yet to find it too slow...it doesnt have a cd rom either but for a couple bob you can get an external unit to load programs etc... just use flash drives

i run a thermal imagining program and all my work programs...xp pro...full office...visio...etc...without a problem.

but now found the new ones have fold over touch screens...i3 processors...many gig hardrives...the friggen works...my next investment a better faster touch screen netbook...

the thing i enjoy most about my netbook is the look on peoples faces when i pull it out form betwen my notebooks and open it...they cant believe it is so small and the picture is brilliant and the fact that i sit for the entire meeting and dont have to look for a plug or a telephone cable to send the report while i am sitting in the meeting and have another person joining in the meeting on my screen linked thru skype...because it also has a built in camera and speaker.

i have a 22 " samsung screen which i can also link to the netbook if i want he picture to be bigger...but i dont carry the screen around unles i go out of town and need to do reports and check images or recording from power quality equipment.

i have a really top line laptop i use to use for work but since i got the netbook it has become a paper weight in my office...the pathetic battery life of laptops just take the mobility out of them.

if you do decide to splash out and get a netbook dont waste your money on a cheapy...rather splash out and get one with all the bells and whistles you wont be sorry...my next one will fold in half and have touch screens on both side