Thread: IRP 5 submissions bi annually

Thanks

IRP 5 submissions bi annually

At the risk of being advised to see an optician because I did not see the/a thread !

Are we all aware that IRP 5 and IT3a documents now have to be submitted to SARS twice per annum ?

This is the result of a survey done by SARS showing that we as business owners have absolutely nothing to do all day besides fiddling with the payroll software and doing Easyfiling submissions.
    They also proud themselves that Easyfile is the most user-friendly software on the market. Even a six year old can do the submissions in no time at all !

Just a question on the same subject................if the PC in the office that holds the Easyfile software and data goes feet up, how does one recover the info ? ( Remember.........you have passwords that not even the PC itself can recognize and there are history files )
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinco View Post
    Just a question on the same subject................if the PC in the office that holds the Easyfile software and data goes feet up, how does one recover the info ? ( Remember.........you have passwords that not even the PC itself can recognize and there are history files )
    In E@syfile you can back up the database - doesn't help much if you think of that after the PC rolls over and plays dead, though.

Otherwise add the E@syfile folders to your normal backup routine.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    In E@syfile you can back up the database - doesn't help much if you think of that after the PC rolls over and plays dead, though.

Otherwise add the E@syfile folders to your normal backup routine.
    Do you know if is possible to install E@syfile on 2 PCs and copy the database to the new one as well ? If so.....I assume the same User/passwords would have to be used ?
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yep - done it myself for last year's recon. No problem at all.

Install E@syfile on the new PC and then import the backup file created off the old installation.

I didn't mess around with changing passwords so I'm not sure of the carry-through effects on that aspect.

5. Thanks given for this post:

Martinco (27-Sep-10)

Thanks
    The worse thing about the e@syfile process is the size of the download EMP411.zip is sitting at 87.6MB. Easy enough if you can afford it, but hell if you are not in an urban area or using 3G etc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greghsa View Post
    The worse thing about the e@syfile process is the size of the download EMP411.zip is sitting at 87.6MB. Easy enough if you can afford it, but hell if you are not in an urban area or using 3G etc.
    And another thing... you have to sit and gaze at the screen the whole time it's downloading otherwise you risk missing the Time-out notice. It says something along the lines of "Click here within 1 minute to prevent Time out." So, for something like 20 minutes, I sat and did the equivalent of watching paint dry. Of course, SARS' software makers didn't think of adding any device to assure viewers that something was actually happening, not until the Time-Out warning, that is. Nor do they give any prior indication of how big the download or how long it might take. Personally, I think this is totally unacceptable. However, to be fair, once I got into v4.1.1. I did think it was slightly less frustrating than the previous versions. The "Help" needs a lot of fine-tuning, though.
    "The use must...." The user should... Please! What's wrong with Just do it?

8. Thanks given for this post:

greghsa (28-Sep-10)

Thanks

Unhappy Frustrations with PAYE payment.

Anyone else out there battling with the Paye payment on E@syfile today?
    Well save your self the time-wasting effort of trying to get through to SARS Call Centre. They KNOW they have a problem. They just don't care.

Forget, for today anyway, trying to get your payment done through E@syfile. She's blokken. Eish.

Just do the payment the "old-fashioned" way, through e-filing, as an Additional Payment, or directly through your bank.

Yesterday morning SARS had the decency to put a message on to the helpline number that said straight off that they had a technical problem - "Please call back later." So I did. at about 4.30. After going through all the rigmarole of dial 6, dial 2, Would you like to participate in a short survey?, this is the message I heard,
    "This office is now closed. Please note our office hours are from 8 to 5." The time was 4.35.

This morning, I was determined to be first in line to the Call Centre. Hah! They got me again. It's Wednesday, so they only start at 9a.m.

I eventually got though a short while ago. They have a problem. You should try logging off from E@syfile, and logging on again.
    Lady, I have news for you. I've done that about 10 times already and I still can't pay the thing!.
    Who can I complain to, I ask.
    You should phone the Call Centre.
    But I am phoning the Call Centre!

They get me every time.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.