Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A case for RE companies

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Exactly, we don't expect them to. We accept that that is the way they do business, just as we accept that the Chinese employ the Chinese and so on.
    This is the reality of doing business pretty much anywhere in the world. Like operates with like. Networks based on trust & familiarity are developed. "Keep it in the family" is a typical Asian trait.

This is the exact point we are trying to make; we should have our own "Currently Disadvantaged RE network"
    CDRE networks.

Another interesting thing is that I've never heard the majority moan about the Oriental Plaza or the Chinese Market...but the "Currently Disadvantaged" holiday resort, now that is something to complain about...
    This is very, very true. The things is that so-called minority groups have generally been objects of interest & allowed some degree of latitude - even under previous dispensations. Now that the light-green communities have slipped into minority group status, it would seem to be time to develop these CDRE networks.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by desA View Post
    Yes, indeed. A very interesting & relevant article. Thanks for that.

I would read this as a supporting view towards the establishment & maintenance of RE companies & networks, under the premise that the prevailing 'norm' in SA has become supportive of the dark-green dominant group.
    Precisely why I thought you guys would enjoy it - although I sincerely doubt it was Pierre's intention to make a case for your RE.

Reading the comments, he's getting pounded on his position though. The tension between law and justice gets particularly noticeable at times when it comes to debating The Constitution.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    CDRE networks.
    Now that the light-green communities have slipped into minority group status, it would seem to be time to develop these CDRE networks.[/QUOTE]

They're doing this already & making a fantastic job of it anyway.The car guards at this shopping complex in Bluff ,Durban were all light-greens.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flaker View Post
    CDRE networks.
    Now that the light-green communities have slipped into minority group status, it would seem to be time to develop these CDRE networks.
    They're doing this already & making a fantastic job of it anyway.The car guards at this shopping complex in Bluff ,Durban were all light-greens.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good grief, Des. You have only been back a month or so and you've already been corrupted.

What happened to that color blind bloke I used to know?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Good grief, Des. You have only been back a month or so and you've already been corrupted.

What happened to that color blind bloke I used to know?
    LOL...

My doctor is a member of the Asian community as his his whole medical centre. There is not a light-green in sight. They operate together in a functional RE network. There is no reason why not.

He is smart, astute, nice guy - as is his whole family & colleagues. They have all made positions for themselves in the ever-changing landscape around them. Fantastic for them - they are prospering. Doubt they would even entertain a requirement to go BEE.

In terms of RE networks - if groups form along lines of synergy & comfort, rather than racial - fantastic & more strength to them. Practically though, groups tend to generally form where folks have common ground, ethics, culture & so forth - I'd imagine most of these to be along racial lines - like everywhere else in the world.

I'm fairly privileged to have a foot in two worlds - light-green & olive-green. I'm a causasian, while my lovely life is from asian stock. She finds SA to be a very, very strange place - an incredibly aggressive, insecure, intolerant society. We have both been pretty shocked by what we have seen. Practically, we tend to fit in better with the asian community in terms of our thoughts & ethos.

I see so many angry people out there whose world seems to have come to an end. There seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel for many of them. If I can help, in any way, shape, or form, to uplift my fellow man, I will do my utmost. I believe that folks of the lighter-green shade need to pick themselves up off the floor, dust themselves off, begin to form cohesive relationships within their comfort (RE) group, & get moving.

Thanks
    so you are cauc-asian?

how are my prices goin?
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    so you are cauc-asian?
    LOL... probably, after so many years of living abroad.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    DesA - it seems you are saying that we have poor whites because of BEE? If you have traveled, you must have met, or heard, of poor whites living in other countries like OZ, Uk or the USA. How did they become poor, because last I looked, BEE is not being implemented there....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap_sak View Post
    DesA - it seems you are saying that we have poor whites because of BEE? If you have traveled, you must have met, or heard, of poor whites living in other countries like OZ, Uk or the USA. How did they become poor, because last I looked, BEE is not being implemented there....
    The apparent size of the 'poor white' group in SA has been mentioned to be around 650,000, against a total 'white' population arguably under 2 million. If these numbers are correct, then this is a substantial percentage living below the poverty line & should be considered something very out of the ordinary (~32.5%), relative to similar populations internationally.

The speed at which this transformation seems to have occurred is rapid, probably leading to severe social stresses. I have heard a number of stories in regards to whole families living in a small tent. Kids with no clothes for school, or food to eat - living off charity from Christian organisations. I found this to be shocking on my return.

The impact of affirmative action (dark-green racism) seems to preclude light-green entry into many, if not most, government jobs. This will have created severe stumbling blocks to the light-green job-seekers.

The proposed plans to press for more severe implementation of BEE into light-green companies will further erode potential for light-green job seekers. In the long term, BEE will probably be pushed to its logical limit of 51% ownership, after which another avenue to light-green job-seekers will be closed off.

How are these people to eat, or provide for their families - with no prospects on the horizon? Unless 'their own' begin to form cohesive structural networks, how do these folks survive into the long term?

I'm seeing the impact of this phenomenon around me daily, but given the typical selfish (I'm alright Jack) approach of many South Africans, the problem is not being addressed, in my view. I think it is a serious matter.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast