Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling advertising space

Silver Member
    Thanks

Selling advertising space

Hi Guys.

I believe my site has grown to the point where it will be viable for myself to attempt selling, and companies to advertise successfully on my site.

My issue is that I have no idea how to approach companies to sell them advertising, or even who. I don't want to sound like a tele / email - marketer trying to give companies a lame pitch.

Also, I'd like only related companies to advertise on my site (i.e. Cellphone Operators, android phone manufactures, etc) - being an Android based website.

Does anyone here know if there are agencies that would offer me this service i.e. they find me the advertisers, and they get a % cut of the deal at no additional cost to me besides the percentage cut?

If you guys know of any agencies like this, please can you list them here ... I'm struggling to find agencies that will sell my advertising space.

Regards

Itai
    If you need any Accounting, Tax or even Financial Management advice, PM me and I'll try help and keep your information confidential.

Visit my Android ZA website - a website dedicated to Google Android in South Africa - www.androidza.co.za

Thanks
    Dunno Itai about giving up a percentage just yet.... how about approaching the Cell C, vodacoms etc... my initial impression would be they would pay a decent price for a banner on there if you can get to the right guys. The ranking of the site is looking alright!

Could be way off, just a thought
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've had approaches from agencies who will do the calling, billing etc. - 50/50 split seems to be the going rate if you go down that route. None of those agencies were SA based though and couldn't claim any SA sites in their existing portfolio. They reckoned they'd be able to drum up SA advertisers, but I was inclined to be a little sceptical as to their real prospects.

There might be a gap there if anyone's interested and has a good marketing mind.... although I've got to say Adgator is underperforming and I assume they're actively trying to sell their inventory.

Looking at your website, there's a few things you could try to improve your Adsense earnings if you're interested.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eitai2001 View Post
    Hi Guys.

I believe my site has grown to the point where it will be viable for myself to attempt selling, and companies to advertise successfully on my site.

My issue is that I have no idea how to approach companies to sell them advertising, or even who. I don't want to sound like a tele / email - marketer trying to give companies a lame pitch.

Also, I'd like only related companies to advertise on my site (i.e. Cellphone Operators, android phone manufactures, etc) - being an Android based website.

Does anyone here know if there are agencies that would offer me this service i.e. they find me the advertisers, and they get a % cut of the deal at no additional cost to me besides the percentage cut?

If you guys know of any agencies like this, please can you list them here ... I'm struggling to find agencies that will sell my advertising space.

Regards

Itai
    hi,itai
    is there any banner left on your site?
    if have, please send me a quotation on one banner.
    thanks
    Last edited by robinsonwang; 18-Nov-10 at 03:27 AM.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robinsonwang View Post
    hi,itai
    is there any banner left on your site?
    if have, please send me a quotation on one banner.
    thanks
    Hi Robinson.

I am busy deciding on pricing for the banner space. Once I am done I will contact you guys.

I will be ordering a tablet off your website, I need to make sure that the order process and goods are trustworthy before I allow you to advertise on my site.

Regards

Itai
    If you need any Accounting, Tax or even Financial Management advice, PM me and I'll try help and keep your information confidential.

Visit my Android ZA website - a website dedicated to Google Android in South Africa - www.androidza.co.za

Thanks
    Dunno Itai about giving up a percentage just yet.... how about approaching the Cell C, vodacoms etc... my initial impression would be they would pay a decent price for a banner on there if you can get to the right guys. The ranking of the site is looking alright!

Could be way off, just a thought

Thanks
    I would try these 2 networks in the meanwhile:

www.adsense.com
    www.adgator.com

Both will result in prominent SA companies' ads being shown on your site which could help build advertisers' trust in your site and you'll start making some dosh.
    Norio De Sousa - Just1.co.za (Cheap web hosting & website builder)
    Maxiware CC Reg no. 2000/048244/23 (Maxiware CC)

Thanks
    howsit buddy i have advertising space on my site for sale...at R250 per sapce per month...let me know

Thanks
    The pool of Adsense advertisers makes this route the most profitable option. I see you already have Adsense on your site which steers me toward thinking that you are not satisfied with your current earnings from Adsense.

Before selling adverting space which is done on a CPM level you should actually try and optimize your Adsense earnings by testing various layouts. I personally use Adsense and I will not sell advertising space to any companies because the bigger guys are already using Adsense and I will venture to say that they will only advertise on my site if they are able to get a better return on investment which means paying less.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eitai2001 View Post
    Hi Robinson.

I am busy deciding on pricing for the banner space. Once I am done I will contact you guys.

I will be ordering a tablet off your website, I need to make sure that the order process and goods are trustworthy before I allow you to advertise on my site.

Regards

Itai
    How is the banner pricing now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast