Thread: woolworths/gedore/hilti

Suspended
    Thanks

woolworths/gedore/hilti

i always bitch and moan about everything...

but i have to give 3 companies credit

the first one woolworths...they charged me a R3.50 fee for late payment so i contacted them and advised them to close my account...i was told no problem they would close it.

a week later i got a call from customer services telling me that because i have had an account with them for more than 15 years and had a good credit record...i would not need to reapply for an account in the next 2 years if i changed my mind....and i have just received a voucher via email which i dont have to first spend 300 to qualify for the voucher...and it is for a lot more than the R3.50 i had to pay which i had already paid because i dont like owing anyone money...and want to keep my credit rating good.

the second company is gedore...

i have for the last 30 years been buying gedore tools...and they say they have a lifetime warrenty...so i thought i would put them to the test...

i have a socket set which is about 20 odd years old...and recently had to assemble a frame with over 20 000 nuts and bolts...and guess what the sockets finally gave in...so i took a chance and returned them to gedore for replacement...no questions asked...they were replaced with brand new ones...
    big thumbs up to gedore ...

i honestly thought they were gona tell me to fly a kite or give me a long story about 10 years limited lifetime warrenty and all that sort of kak...

and the last but not least...hilti

i have a te14 which is about 18 years old and it got to a stage where i decided to take achance and send it in for its last service...i got it back with a packet of all the replacement parts which included the armiture...bearings...seals...you name it...just about the whole machine was replaced...and the best part about it...it only cost 25 % of the replacement value.

so i sent in one of the big breakers ( had to personally deliver it to the service centre in springfield) which is also about 18 + years old and same thing it only cost 25 % of the value ofthe machine to just aboput replace the whole machine...now thats why i buy hiti product.

but dont get me wrong their reps are the worste i have ever dealt with...i am still waiting for the rep to get back to me because i want to buy more product but i will not contact him again...i have sent emails and and left messages...

i believe if it wasnt for hitli being such a good product they would go backrupt if it was up to their sales team in durban...absolutley shocking...i have even complained to germany about the bad service...but still wait eagerly for a reply...you would think with the way the building industry is at the moment they would be calling on all their customers....but maybe they dont need my bussiness...so i will continue purchasing fisher products unti lthey get back to me.

2. Thank given for this post:

AndyD (22-Sep-10), Dave A (22-Sep-10)

Thanks
    I have one other company for the Murdock nominations. Leatherman. I have owned a leatherman utility knife for over ten years. Every year I pop past their agent and he replaces any blunt or loose items on it free of charge. Two years ago it was in particularly bad condition, he took one look at it, dropped it in the bin and presented me with a brand one, no questions asked, no charge.

Suspended
    Thanks
    it pays to buy quality but like fluke/comtest i am very disappointed because they are just ripping a hole the size on the one in kimberly in my backside with their ridiculous prices...

if you ever want fluke items look at the uk prices and compare...you will see how we are gettin ripped off...it would pay you to fly to the uk buy the product and return fro less than you can buy the same product here....

the uk has all the same electrical specs as south africa so dont let anyone fool you that it wont work here...and like their thermal imagers they dont have a calibration centre in south africa so it has to be sent overseas for calibration...and if its the warranty you are worried about just send it back to where you purchased it...if they dont want to fix it here...chances are if a fluke product becomes faulty in the first 5 years of you owning it...it must be a dud...i have owned fluke products all my working career 30 years and are yet to hear of a fluke meter being sent back for repairs under warranty...only battery replacement...mine lasted 4 years on the fluke 435 and 2 years on the ti 20...they wanted thousands for a replacement battery...i sent them to the local repack company...they took the thermal fuse out and fitted the new battery pack for a mere R230...and the new batteries are 2800 mA/hr instead of flukes 2000 mA/hr so now i get almost 5 hours instead of 3

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.