Thread: woolworths/gedore/hilti

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Suspended
    Thanks

woolworths/gedore/hilti

i always bitch and moan about everything...

but i have to give 3 companies credit

the first one woolworths...they charged me a R3.50 fee for late payment so i contacted them and advised them to close my account...i was told no problem they would close it.

a week later i got a call from customer services telling me that because i have had an account with them for more than 15 years and had a good credit record...i would not need to reapply for an account in the next 2 years if i changed my mind....and i have just received a voucher via email which i dont have to first spend 300 to qualify for the voucher...and it is for a lot more than the R3.50 i had to pay which i had already paid because i dont like owing anyone money...and want to keep my credit rating good.

the second company is gedore...

i have for the last 30 years been buying gedore tools...and they say they have a lifetime warrenty...so i thought i would put them to the test...

i have a socket set which is about 20 odd years old...and recently had to assemble a frame with over 20 000 nuts and bolts...and guess what the sockets finally gave in...so i took a chance and returned them to gedore for replacement...no questions asked...they were replaced with brand new ones...
    big thumbs up to gedore ...

i honestly thought they were gona tell me to fly a kite or give me a long story about 10 years limited lifetime warrenty and all that sort of kak...

and the last but not least...hilti

i have a te14 which is about 18 years old and it got to a stage where i decided to take achance and send it in for its last service...i got it back with a packet of all the replacement parts which included the armiture...bearings...seals...you name it...just about the whole machine was replaced...and the best part about it...it only cost 25 % of the replacement value.

so i sent in one of the big breakers ( had to personally deliver it to the service centre in springfield) which is also about 18 + years old and same thing it only cost 25 % of the value ofthe machine to just aboput replace the whole machine...now thats why i buy hiti product.

but dont get me wrong their reps are the worste i have ever dealt with...i am still waiting for the rep to get back to me because i want to buy more product but i will not contact him again...i have sent emails and and left messages...

i believe if it wasnt for hitli being such a good product they would go backrupt if it was up to their sales team in durban...absolutley shocking...i have even complained to germany about the bad service...but still wait eagerly for a reply...you would think with the way the building industry is at the moment they would be calling on all their customers....but maybe they dont need my bussiness...so i will continue purchasing fisher products unti lthey get back to me.

2. Thank given for this post:

AndyD (22-Sep-10), Dave A (22-Sep-10)

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.