Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NHI

Suspended
    Thanks

NHI

what we all been waiting for...free medical

now it looks like instead of having to pay discovery R6000 per month it means you will be paying it in taxes...vat etc...this could be a saving for some.

at least now i wont have to complain about dotors tarrifs

my only concern is are we as white males gona be discrimnated against in some way or another...like having to pay a extra levy when we seek medical attention...or as what happened to a white family at addington hospital...they were turned away and their 4 year child died as a result...i dont know the full story but thats pretty much what happened...i say that and my son lost the use of his finger because he had to wait in the waiting room at crompton hospital (so called private hospital) for 3 hours holding his finger in his other hand...for a doctor to attend to him...who knows it could get better or worse.

hopefully with all the restriction on medical aids and dental...i can finally go in and have the R70 000 repairs required on my teeth which at the moment i just cant afford because the medcial savings i have just doesnt cover it.

that heart operation which costs over R200 000 will become affordable for the rest of us.

so in a way i am looking forward to it...

the only downside is corruption which we all know is a part of life in south africa...everyone seems to be doing it...and who is gona be qualified enough to manage this NHI... (national heath insurance) without loosing the money to some form of corruption...be it lifestyles...expensive holidays...suspect tenders...et c....etc....etc....etc...etc...etc...etc...etc. you get where i am going with this.

i suppose we can dream...it could be for the good of all people.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd be a lot happier about a national health scheme if the government hospitals were functioning properly. Are we going to see better medical cover for all, or just lose what good medical cover and facilities that are out there at the moment?

Suspended
    Thanks
    i think you just need to look at how things work in this country and i am sure you could figue that out for yourself.

Thanks
    If the government is struggling to run the existing government hospitals, the national airline and broadcasting corporation where on earth do they get the idea they could efficiently run a national health insurance service?

Suspended
    Thanks
    they got to make it look they are doing something for the people...wasting their money on a week long party...it seems to me it is turning into a power struggle between zuma and malema...and malema is adamant he will be the anc president in 2102...zuma is just enjoying his trips around the world until he takes over the anc...thats why these people know how to line themselves up to fit the part...bowing to the king and all...but with closed doors who knows what they are up to?

when someone mentioned they will be paying their own accomadation i had to laugh...i would hate to know what the live out allowance was for the week in durban...surely they dont think we the public are that stupid.

and i havent even been near durban because i can just imagine what it must be like with all the black cas with blue lights.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    If the government is struggling to run the existing government hospitals, the national airline and broadcasting corporation where on earth do they get the idea they could efficiently run a national health insurance service?
    more bail out plans for the future

Suspended
    Thanks
    i wonder sometimes who is the idiot who just gives in and lets them walk all over me...without running around on the streets detroying everything in my path.

accepting the discrimination.

and just paying without a word of complaint for all the bail out plans...

rates increases

tax increases

luxury lifestyles

misuse of state funds

suspect tenders

pathetic public services

and now the NHI

got me thinking

maybe this should be my avatar

Hmmmmm. I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm
    not sure that what you heard is what I actually meant!

at least being black i would have bee status.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thinking.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	1384  
    Last edited by murdock; 23-Sep-10 at 07:21 AM.

Thanks
    Sorry murdock

I just don't understand what that pic of a neighboring country's head of state ( and What a state it's in ) has to do with our own NHI ?

confused.
    Watching the ships passing by.

Suspended
    Thanks
    dont feel bad i am always confused...sometimes my wife also complains because i mumble things them what really peeeees her off...i foget what i was talking about...its old age...now that i am going blind tooo i dont know what i am going to do.

Thanks
    Sounds like the next step for you is politics.
    Watching the ships passing by.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.