Thread: CC's and salaries

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

CC's and salaries

What is the best way to get paid out of your CC? Simple question really, quite surprised I was able to manage a simple, clear and concise questions

Thing is, as the main and only member how do I pay myself? And if I bring it a partner, how do I pay him, what is the easiest way to pay a parter (member being actually registered as a partner or just partner off the books but employee on the books").

But first things first. How do I go about paying myself out of the income genereated from my business? Do I merely deduct whatever amount I feel suitable and reference it as "Owner salary" or is there a beter, "legal" way of doing it (not meaning I'm looking for an illegal way? Yes I know, probably a very stupid question, just want to do it right from the get go.

I want to pay myself a fixed "salary", which will increase on a yearly basis or as I decide, but I want to keep it as structured as possible. Basically build up to a comfortable salary (I have other venture I want to follow to) and then keep it there.

Secondly, If I include a partner, him being a mate of mine, what is the easiest way to get him into the business? Do I make him a member or merely an employee? If he is an employee I suppose I have to register for UIF and what not? So being a member, I suppose I handle his "salary" the same way as my own?

Thanks for reading my base level question and posting advice.
    Last edited by Dave A; 19-Sep-10 at 11:17 AM.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.