Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dropship, the power seller's secret---Store owners must see

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Do you only sell the items on your website or are you able to source other items from China?
    The items on our website now is only the appetizer, we are able to source other items from China. If there is a need, there will be a needed item.
    Duduta dropship is not only a online shopping store any more, we are doing the online dropshipping now. If you have found something right to you, you can show us your order, we can drop ship it for you.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flaker View Post
    DuDuta appears to be a new unknown business entity. once you pay over your money to DuDuta, what guarantee does one have that the product will actually be delivered?
    DuDuta would become famous for all the wrong reasons

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough, but signs so far are that Robinson can be taken seriously.

3. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (09-Oct-10)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    unknown business entity
    Originally Posted by flaker
    DuDuta appears to be a new unknown business entity. once you pay over your money to DuDuta, what guarantee does one have that the product will actually be delivered? my 2cents worth
    DuDuta would become famous for all the wrong reasons

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough, but signs so far are that Robinson can be taken seriously.
    Thanks Dave and Flaker

The laws and rules will be the best guarantee for all people doing online shopping.

Then I would say the paypal is the guarantee for all the online buyers(we have been cooperating with paypal at the very beginning),but how to prove our guarantee can only depend on the time. The time will tell the customer that duduta is reliable and dependable. Paypal won't cheat you, it will help you to make sure the delivery first and then pay for you. trust paypal, trust duduta!

We also try our best to do each deal well, since now we didn't make any wrong. What attract the buyers is not only the competitive price but also our serious attitude towards each business.

Thanks
    robinsonwang

Ok I have a question ...........

I place an order for 1000 widgets with you and do the payment. ( I intend to resell the widgets ) You do the shipping direct to me and in the eyes of SARS, I am the importer but I do not have an importers number with SARS or dept of Trade and Industries for that matter.
    What now ?
    I can see if you order 1 or 2 articles for personal use that it should not be a problem but if the order is in the region of R 100,000.00 , I will have a problem.
    How does one overcome this ?
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

6. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (13-Oct-10)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Martinco - I dig your car. You must know Kevin Terry!

8. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (13-Oct-10)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinco View Post
    robinsonwang

Ok I have a question ...........

I place an order for 1000 widgets with you and do the payment. ( I intend to resell the widgets ) You do the shipping direct to me and in the eyes of SARS, I am the importer but I do not have an importers number with SARS or dept of Trade and Industries for that matter.
    What now ?
    I can see if you order 1 or 2 articles for personal use that it should not be a problem but if the order is in the region of R 100,000.00 , I will have a problem.
    How does one overcome this ?
    Duduta is new in south africa, all what we know is to follow all the laws and rules of foreign trade service. I don't know whether some experienced friends get some better answer for this.

I am really not familar with what the SARS regulations. As a foreigner, I lack of the experience on working with SARS, can someone help on this.

Thanks
    To be seriously to this question, I am here giving more details about Texes, custom duduties.

Texes, custom duduties

We don't add taxes, VAT, or other hidden charges. You pay what you see on the checkout page, i.e. goods subtotal + shipping cost.

What you see on the invoice summary on the final checkout screen is what you have to pay to DuDuTa.

Possible additional costs to you may include:
    - bank transfer charges,
    - Paypal money 'upload' (i.e. deposit) charges,
    - and any import duties that are levied at customs.

In any one country the rules are often applied differently in different places, and sometimes rather randomly.

DuDuTa is based in China. We are a Chinese company. Therefore anything you buy from us is going to be imported as far as your country's customs are concerned.

Unfortunately there is no way for us to know the rules, regulations, customs, traditions, practices, loopholes, schemes, systems, paperwork, codes, laws, or rulings of any country.

Please note that if you are re-selling (or drop-shipping) goods from DuDuTa, it is your responsibility to ensure you are abiding by the tax (and other) regulations for selling goods in your home country and the destination country.

Please note that if you are drop-shipping to end customers it is your responsibility to let them know about any taxes they may have to pay when receiving goods from the courier.

Obviously you will want this to be as low as possible, but DuDuTa can not give you advice or information about tax rates and customs charges in your country.

All we can do is declare the value of the shipped goods at a nominal value (see below), which may still be fully taxable.
    Items shipped from DuDuTa will be declared at the lowest nominal market price as a standard assumption.

This lowest market price is based on the manufacturing origin and might not be reflective of how much the item will cost you if bought in your local retail market.

You must ensure you find out about regulations in your own country before ordering from us. In most countries the actual origin of the goods (China) is not important: only the declared value of the goods and declared contents is relevant.

Let us know if you have any special packing or labeling instructions when placing your order. Add comments to the box on the "Delivery Information" page of the Checkout Process.

If you find out information about the import tax situation in your country, and you believe there are ways for you to minimize the taxes you have to pay (or eliminate the taxes altogether), we are happier to follow your instructions regarding labeling, packing, declarations, invoices, etc. Just tell us what you need and we will let you know what we can do to help.
    I hope this will be right to your question.

Further more, if you don't have the import number, you can find an import agent.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Surely the purpose of Drop Shipping is to buffer the client from the intricacies of importing. As far as I am aware (from the suppliers point of view) the Drop Shipper (local agent) is considered to be the importer and the customer simply a delivery address. I believe this to be so given that all payments are made to the Drop Shipper and that the Drop Shipper places the order on the supplier. The Drop shipper gets to keep the difference between wholesale and retail price for providing this service.

The biggest problem with Drop Shipping is what to do if the product breaks down. The Drop Shipper generally doesn't expose the suppliers details to the customer thus renedering all forms of warrantees useless. Another issue is compliance to local standards. The Drop Shipper takes no responsibility for such compliance because he never deals with the physical product and the customer dosn't get to communicate with the supplier to establish such compliance. Take radios for example, our FM band ranges from 88MHz to 108MHz which isn't the case all over the world.

Where does this leave this leave the customer....You figure it out...

12. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (14-Oct-10)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @RobinsonWang - The text that you quoted is for you, you are DuDuTa China's customer and the South African buyer is your customer. You are responsible for all the issues documented in that text, not your customer.

I think that you do not fully understand how Drop Shipping works!

14. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (14-Oct-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd given some thought to this question pretty much right from the outset.
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I think that you do not fully understand how Drop Shipping works!
    I think that's not quite true - what they are doing is classic drop shipping if you're in China. And I'm guessing they're looking to expand into foreign markets (which makes a lot of sense given China's current competitive advantage in manufacturing).

The challenge as I see it is to maintain the ideal drop ship model in a foreign country, you need to establish a warehouse in the foreign market. And it would really help to build some volume first to help justify that.

Now how do you bridge through this stage?

The issue of liability is common to most international drop shipping operations I think. What makes buying via PayPal interesting is that in a strict technical sense, PayPal is buying the product and then reselling it to you. PayPal incurs the client liability - which they solve for themselves with a no-nonsense refund policy.

It's the tax angles on this that you raise (and they seem absolutely valid concerns) that I see as the challenge that really complicates things at this point.

16. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (14-Oct-10)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.